It’s hard to believe when you look at a bearing that this tiny component that is so integral to the workings of a machine is a precise piece of engineering that has been created by thousands of man hours to perfection. These small pieces of metal are so integral, in fact, to the operation of your drivetrain that their malfunction can mean the malfunction of your entire huge piece of heavy machinery that weighs thousands of pounds. From trains and planes to ceiling fans, refrigerators, and tools, it is hard to find a piece of machinery that does not have some sort of bearing in it.
Wagner Equipment Co offers the best Cat parts to have on-hand at your shop, including bearings. We offer all types of bearings, from roller bearings and thrust ball bearings, that have been even more finely-tuned to meet the exact specifications of our heavy equipment. We understand the importance that bearings play in heavy machinery, so we’ve poured thousands of hours into research and development in order to offer you the most durable and longest-lasting bearings on the market. It’s just not worth saving pennies to end up spending dollars (or hundreds in this case). Below, we’ll continue our look at why our Caterpillar bearings are better than the other guy’s. Contact one of our Cat dealers in Colorado, New Mexico, or far west Texas to begin today!
REASONS TO HAVE BEARINGS ON-HAND FOR YOUR HEAVY EQUIPMENT
Why Are Cat Bearings So Important?
For such a small part, you might be wondering what is the big deal about bearings. If your bearings are damaged, you can expect downtime and a decrease in performance. So why take care of your bearings?
- Increase the service life of your Cat machinery
- Increase the performance of your Cat machinery
- Offer higher limiting speeds
- Offer the ability to support heavy loads
- Reduce the noise and vibration levels of your operating machinery
- Will last longer under harsh conditions
WHY CHOOSE CAT BEARINGS FOR YOUR SPARE PARTS TO HAVE ON HAND
Caterpillar spends a lot of time, effort, and money to ensure all of our Cat parts, including Cat bearings meet the specific design of the application and component parts. Our research and development team puts in countless hours to add in standards that are just not found on other bearings. The result of these efforts is the reduction of Caterpillar heavy equipment repairs. This thus reduces downtime and operating costs. Each bearing is designed to be specific to their function so that your Caterpillar drive train parts work together to produce the results Caterpillar is known for.
What Makes Cat Bearings So Special?
- Crown on rolling elements. Cat has engineered a special shape for the bearing rolling element in order to help reduce the high stresses of the use of Cat heavy equipment. The crown has been engineered to help reduce pitting and breakage, which helps with longevity and high-load carrying ability. This allows for the maximum output and use of your Cat machine without worrying about wearing out our Cat parts quickly.
- Surface finish. In an effort to reduce friction and thus heat buildup, Caterpillar has added a special surface finish to help increase your Cat bearing lifespan since you now have the optimum amount of control over the oil film on rolling surfaces.
- Application-specific designs. Keeping your drivetrain healthy is critical to the overall life of your Cat heavy machinery. Caterpillar has been engineering the best heavy equipment for almost 100 years. We understand how machines work and how best to care for them. By ensuring your gears, shafts, and carriers are aligned, you will save a lot of money in breakdowns if you had chosen the cheaper bearings instead.
- Debris resistant material. If you’ve used your heavy machinery anywhere, you know how easy it is to accumulate dust, dirt, grime, twigs, leaves, and more in your Cat heavy equipment. With this in mind, Caterpillar has designed a debris resistant material in order to protect your bearings from failure. Contaminants and metal pieces also cause undue wear and tear on your Cat machines that can cause your bearings to wear out sooner. This type of bearing is great for Cat off-highway trucks.
CHOOSE WAGNER EQUIPMENT CO FOR YOUR CAT PARTS NEEDS TODAY
When you need Cat parts, it’s so nice to have a reliable, reputable Cat parts dealer who can help you right away so you can get back to building your community one customer at a time. As a small business ourselves, we understand the importance,value, and service you offer others, and we do everything possible to expedite you back to business. Our Cat Parts Store has everything you’ll need to keep your Cat machinery up and running, and our Caterpillar field service technicians can help you should you need some troubleshooting help.
Wagner Equipment Co aims to be your full-service Caterpillar dealer. We offer a variety of services in order to ensure your needs are taken care of, from the moment you contact us for your heavy equipment needs till the moment you no longer own your Cat heavy equipment. We are guided by our values, which include teamwork, excellence, accountability, safety, integrity, and communication. We treat others as we want to be treated, so we make it our mission to go above and beyond in customer service. Our Cat dealers that are located in Colorado, New Mexico, and far west Texas are constantly innovating and offering more, such as Cat parts online, payments online, and even finding your perfect piece of heavy equipment online.
We invite you to visit our website in order to see our full array of offerings. We offer Wagner Parts Exchange, Cat Reman parts, used heavy equipment parts, Cat parts drop boxes, hydraulic hose rebuilding, and a full-service Cat parts counter at every Cat part dealer location. If you have a question on any of our Cat parts or services, stop by your nearest Cat dealer, or visit us online for all of your spare Cat parts needs today!