- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Air cleaner
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Audible system fault alarm
- Automatic Engine Speed Control (AESC)
- Battery, two maintenance-free, 880 CCA
- Battery disconnect switch
- Boom transport lock
- Brace, lift cylinder
- Brake, secondary parking
- Brakes, hydraulically boosted, oil disc, dual pedals, interlocking
- Bucket level indicator
- Canopy, ROPS/FOPS
- Cat cushion swing system
- Coat hook
- Coolant/Antifreeze, extended life
- Cooling package, single plane
- Counterweight, bumper
- Diesel particulate filter, long life
- Dome light (cab only)
- Diagnostic port for engine, machine and gauge cluster Electronic Control Modules
- Differential lock
- Engine, Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ DIT (Direct Injection Turbocharged)
- Engine enclosure
- Fan, suction and guard
- Fast reversing shuttle, all gears
- Fenders, rear
- Filters, spin-on: fuel, engine oil, transmission oil, water separator
- Filters, bowl and cartridge: hydraulic fluid
- Flashing hazard/signal lights
- Floor mat
- Four Wheel Drive/Brake Mode Selector
- Fully hinged front grill for cooling package cleaning access
- Gauge Cluster:
- Gauges: coolant temperature, fuel level, tachometer
- LCD screen: hour meter, torque converter, oil temperature, hydraulic oil temperature, operator settings, service mode diagnostics
- Ground level fuel fill
- Guard, fuel tank bottom
- Hammer rest
- Hazard flashers/turn signals
- Hood lock
- Hydraulic hose, XT™
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Hydraulic oil level sight gauge
- Hydraulic valve, hydrostatic steering
- Hydraulic valves, loader 2 function
- Hydraulic valves, backhoe 5 function
- Hydraulics, load sensing with variable displacement piston pump
- Indicators: air cleaner service, water separator service, engine coolant, oil pressure, hydraulic temperature, hydraulic bypass, torque converter temperature high, remote throttle, AESC, fuel level, charging, engine warning #1, engine warning #2, action lamp, wait-to-start
- Instrument panel lights
- Joystick controls: pilot operated, excavator-style with pattern changer
- Key start/stop system
- Lights, working (4 front, 4 rear)
- Loader, self-leveling, return-to-dig and transmission disconnect switch
- Loader, single tilt
- Lunch box and drink holder
- Mirror, rear view
- One-touch low idle
- Open circuit breather
- O-ring face seal hydraulic fittings
- Pattern changer, in cab
- Power receptacle, 12V, 2 internal, 1 external
- Power steering, hydrostatic
- Radio ready cab
- Ride Control
- Seat belt, retractable (51 mm/2 in)
- Stabilizer shoes, reversible
- Seat, air suspension, fabric or vinyl cover, with armrest
- Starting system, glow plugs
- Steering knob
- Steering, hydrostatic
- Storage compartment, internal
- Stop and tail lights
- Swing transport lock
- Tilt steering wheel
- Toolbox, external, lockable
- Torque converter
- Throttle, hand and foot, electronic
- Transmission, five speed, syncromesh
- Transmission neutralizer switch
- Transport tie-downs
- Vandalism locks
- Warning horn, electric
- Cab, deluxe with air conditioning
- Cold weather fuel (-30° C (-22° F)
- Cold weather package, including additional battery, engine block heater, radiator antifreeze, cold weather fuel (-30° C (-22° F) and mounting for ether bottle
- Fenders, front with integral steps
- Hydraulic valves, loader (3rd valve for GP, MP or Quick Coupler)
- Hydraulic valves, backhoe 6 function
- Hydraulic lines, combined function auxiliary
- Machine Security System
- Product Link
- Rotating beacon, magnetic mount
- Seat belt, 75 mm (3 in)
- Stick, extendible
- Work Tool Attachments such as buckets, flip over forks, hammers and vibratory plate compactors.
Operating Specifications - Backhoe
Spacious working environment for all day comfort.
The ergonomic, automotive style operator station helps you work comfortably and productively all day long. Select the configuration that meets your needs - Canopy or Deluxe Cab with air conditioning. Features include:
- Adjustable air suspension seat (standard)
- Excellent visibility over the hood
- Easy-to-read gauge cluster
- Ample legroom
- Automatic Engine Speed Control to conserve fuel
- Storage compartments for tools and belongings
The standard Ride Control System smoothes the ride in all conditions, including load and carry, highway roading or simply moving around the job site. The result is increased operator comfort, reduced operator fatigue and improved material retention.
The pattern selector switch, located in the cab, lets you change from an excavator to a backhoe control pattern simply by pressing a button. This lets you use the pattern you are most comfortable with so you can be more productive. (Standard on pilot control machines.)
Ergonomic excavator-style joystick controls provide precise control with low effort. Thumb rollers provide convenient, fingertip control of auxiliary functions, eliminating floor mounted foot pedals.
Built for performance, power and fuel efficiency.
The Cat C4.4 ACERT™ engine provides cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability. The engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB emission requirements. The engine also features:
- Passive regeneration system requiring no operator interaction
- Long life diesel particulate filter
- Improved fuel efficiency
- Increased horsepower delivers greater pushing power, increased aggressiveness in hard bank and faster roading.
The standard auto-shift transmission matches gear with grade and load conditions. At the touch of a switch, manual mode gives the operator control over gear selection, as a power shift transmission.
- Hydraulic proportional control valves deliver smooth speed and directional shifts.
- Standard Four Wheel Drive (4WD) improves mobility and loader performance in poor underfoot conditions and can be activated on-the-go.
- Maximum roading speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) improves travel time between job sites.
Brake mode selector switch is standard on the 450F and has three positions: two wheel drive, two wheel drive with all wheel braking and four wheel drive. Two wheel drive with all wheel braking provides better tire life while roading and engages the front axle when brakes are applied for improved braking performance.
Load-sensing system matches power to demand.
The load-sensing, closed center hydraulic system matches pressure and flow to the job demands. Whether you’re in full trenching mode or digging around delicate services, you are in control. In applications such as production trenching where speed is important, the system will provide the flow needed to get the job done quickly and efficiently. New electronic pump torque limiter delivers improved power management and hydraulic performance. The load-sensing hydraulic system also delivers:
- Better fuel efficiency
- Quieter operation
- Reduced wear on components
- Cooler hydraulic temperatures
- Full dig and lift forces at any engine speed
Superior digging forces.
The excavator-style boom is built for optimum performance and durability. The curved design provides added clearance when digging over obstacles or loading trucks. The narrow boom enhances the viewing area to the bucket and the trench throughout the operating range. More robust swing casting and double clevis design improves durability and reliability.
Serrated edges on the stick provide improved material clamping for clearing and demolition applications. The optional extendible stick (E-stick) increases reach and dig depth by approximately 1.2 m (4 ft).
Thumb mounting provisions are standard on every Cat Backhoe Loader for added machine versatility. Cat hydraulic thumbs are available for increased versatility. Mechanical thumbs are also available through your Cat dealer.
Choice of loader linkage.
Single tilt loader linkage features strong lift and breakout forces for solid performance in backfilling and truck loading applications with pin-on buckets.
The return-to-dig system reduces loading cycle times by bringing the loader bucket back to the dig position with an easy pull of the lever. By the time the loader bucket is at ground level, the bucket is angled correctly for the next load or cut.
Do more jobs with one machine.
Increase the versatility of your machine with the large selection of backhoe attachments:
- Buckets - Heavy Duty and Ditch Cleaning
- Thumbs (mechanical and hydraulic)
- Vibratory Plate Compactors
- Quick Couplers
A wide range of loader attachments is available including:
- Buckets - General Purpose and Multi Purpose
- Flip Over Forks
Integral lifting eyes are a standard feature, one on the backhoe linkage and two lifting eyes on the rear of every loader bucket.
Quick couplers allow for quick attachment of buckets and other work tools.
Easy maintenance helps keep your machine working.
Convenient service features makes maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Tilt up hood provides easy, convenient access to all engine check points
- Electronic control module stores fault codes for easy, efficient troubleshooting and maximum machine uptime
- Cat Product Link system (optional) provides remote reporting of machine location and operating system parameters
Unmatched support makes the difference.
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide the best in sales and service.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Operator training to help boost your profits
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
Download Specalog Here