- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- TriPower shovel attachment (FS only)
- Independent oil-cooling system
- 3-circuit hydraulic system
- Torque control in closed-loop swing circuit
- Automatic central lubrication system
- Triple-race swing roller bearing
- Export crating
- Finishing as per end user’s corporate colors
- Customizing of logos as per customer’s specification
- Xenon lighting
- High-capacity water separator
- Fast-filling connection for fuel
- Catwalk with access steps at engine module (standard on C18 version)
- Centrifuge for engine oil filtration
- Various cold-weather packages
- Radio with loudspeaker and antenna
- On roof-mounted air conditioning unit
- Track pad width 500 mm, 750 mm or 900 mm
- Track guides
- HD-LC undercarriage
- Xenon lighting on boom
- Special wear packages
- Additional optional equipment available on request
Diesel Engines - Version 2 - Cummins® QSK19 Tier 1
Operating Weights With Standard Undercarriage - Backhoe Unit - Cummins® QSK19
Operating Weights With Standard Undercarriage - Shovel Unit - Cat® C18
Operating Weights With Standard Undercarriage - Backhoe Unit - Cat® C18
Automatic Lubrication System
Operating Weights With Standard Undercarriage - Shovel Unit - Cummins® QSK19
Hydraulic Oil Cooling
Hydraulic System with Pump Managing System
Diesel Engines - Version 1 - Cat® C18 Tier 3
Machine Service & Support
Caterpillar factory-trained service engineers are available throughout the world to provide our customers with the support necessary to meet their production requirements.
Our service engineers have the knowledge and experience to bring a successful result to the most demanding projects. In addition, they are backed by Caterpillar’s team of engineers, who have design-based knowledge not available from other sources.
TriPower™ (FS Configurations Only)
Caterpillar uses a unique boom design that employs rotatable triangular rockers to generate superior mechanical leverage and control.
This unique Caterpillar design results in:
- Increased effective lifting force
- Constant boom momentum
- Automatic constant bucket angle position in horizontal and vertical direction
- Automatic roll-back limiter
Efficient Drive Systems
Cat hydraulic shovels are equipped with one or two diesel engines or an electric drive option.
On models equipped with two engines, the hydraulic excavator remains operational with only a single engine running, maintaining full availability. The electric drive is used on mainly stationary-operated machines and offers superior availability because it doesn’t require time to refuel and servicing the motor is minimized. The 6015/6015 FS is only available in a single diesel engine configuration.
Pump Managing System
The pump managing system continuously evaluates actual engine and hydraulic operating values against set values and adjusts pump output for optimal performance.
This results in an efficient use of the engine for greater productivity.
Superior Oil Cooling System
The cooling system utilizes dedicated pumps to provide cooling capacity as needed, whether the engine is idling or under load, whereas our competitors’ machines only provide cooling when the engine is under load and the excavator is working. Consequently, on Cat hydraulic shovels, the hydraulic oil circulates through the cooling system even when the excavator is waiting for the next truck.
This system provides a more efficient means of cooling, particularly in demanding applications. The radiator fan speed is thermostatically or electronically controlled for greater efficiency.
Closed-Loop Swing Circuit
The Cat closed-loop swing circuit results in fast boom lift motions during swing.
The kinetic energy of the swing motion is used during deceleration to support driving the main and auxiliary pumps. Compared to open circuits, the Cat closed-loop swing circuit is more energy-efficient, generates less heat and delivers faster speeds.
Simple & Efficient Hydraulic System
The main hydraulic valve block is located on top of the boom. This design reduces the total number of hoses that are needed and ensures they’re neatly organized for safe operation, easy inspection and fast service.
Because float valves are used to lower the boom instead of engaging pumps, the boom moves faster and other operating functions can occur simultaneously, such as bucket curl and stick in/out. This results in faster cycle times.
Cat undercarriages are tough and long-lasting.
Engineered with extensive use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), the steel structure is optimized, travel motors are well-protected by strong cover plates and hinged door covers, and a unique robust track chain incorporates a combined pad/link design on most models. A state-of-the-art track-tensioning system automatically adapts the tensioning of the tracks depending on operating conditions, extending the track life even further.
Monitoring and Diagnostic System
Enhancing diagnostic capabilities and providing detailed troubleshooting functions, the Board Control System uses sensors throughout the machine to monitor operating data, record faults, and notify the operator audibly and visually.
This promotes the earliest possible detection of faults and allows for timely maintenance planning and assistance for speedy repair. Board Control System not available on 6015/6015 FS models.
Electro-Hydraulic Control System
All larger-model Cat hydraulic shovels use an electro-hydraulic control system that electronically relays actuating signals from hand levers. Simplified troubleshooting and advanced diagnostic routines lead to increased uptime.
The design delivers fast and precise machine reactions, which reduce operator fatigue and increase efficiency. For greater comfort, joystick preferences are operator-adjustable. And since no hydraulic lines are inside or underneath the cab, it’s a more comfortable and clean work environment. The 6015/6015 FS is equipped with a simple hydraulic servo control.
Systems throughout Cat hydraulic shovels are designed for easy access, enhancing serviceability.
- Hydraulic Valve Block - The valve block is located on the boom where it’s cleanly laid out and easily accessed by walkways on both sides. This reduces the number of hoses leading from the superstructure. 6015/6015 FS models are not equipped with boom walkways.
- Superstructure - Exceptional accessibility is provided to systems like the swing motor, swing gearbox and rotary distributor in the well-organized superstructure. The engine is accessible from three sides on most models.
Safe, Comfortable Cab Design
Cat hydraulic excavator cabs have a falling object protection system (FOPS) and meet DIN ISO 3449 standards. They are equipped with comfortable multi-adjustable chairs, ample legroom, excellent visibility, temperature control, sound abatement and ergonomically-designed controls.
- Windows: Safety glass is used for all windows and armored glass for the windshield.
- Seating: The pneumatically-cushioned, multi-adjustable seat enhances operator productivity and includes a safety switch in the cushion that automatically neutralizes the hydraulic controls when the operator leaves the seat.
- Display: A large, transflective color screen displays monitoring and diagnostic data for convenient troubleshooting and service assistance (not available on 6015/6015 FS models).
- Five languages can be selected: English, French, German, Spanish and Russian.
Safe Bucket Control
The TriPower roll-back limiter prevents the bucket from being curled back too far and minimizes the potential for material to spill onto the attachment or the cab.
Lifting the bucket automatically in constant-angle position requires just a single lever actuation.
An easily-accessible, standard shut-off switch located in the cab shuts down the electrical system in case of emergencies.
Additional shut-off switches are located on the machine (e.g., in the machine house) or are accessible from the ground with pull ropes. Emergency shut-off is not available on 6015/6015 FS models.
Download Specalog Here