- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- C15 ACERT diesel engine with Electronic Unit Injection (EUI) with aftertreatment. Equivalent to non-current EPA/ARB Tier 4 Interim, EU Stage IIIB/Japan MLIT Step 4 emission standards.
- 24-volt electric start
- High performance single plane cooling system
- Aftercooler, air-to-air (ATAAC)
- Air filter, with electronic service indicator
- Coolant, extended life
- Fan, suction, hydraulically driven
- Fuel priming pump, electric
- Sound attenuated exhaust system
- Parking brake, electronic
- Precleaner, strata-tube dust ejector
- Shift management: - Automatic directional and downshift - Controlled-throttle, load-compensated - Enhanced Autoshift
- Starting aid, automatic ether
- Torque divider
- Transmission, electronically-controlled: - Powershift, 3F/3R speed
- Four planet, double-reduction: - Planetary final drives
- Transmission control module, electronic
- Water separator
- Rollers and idlers, lifetime lubricated
- Sprocket rim segments, replaceable
- Suspension-type undercarriage
- 8-roller tubular track roller frame (Carrier roller ready)
- Track adjusters, hydraulic
- Track guide
- 610 mm (24 in) PPR moderate service grouser with sealed and lubricated track (44 section)
- Two-piece master links
- Hydraulics, independent steering and work tool pumps
- Hydraulics, electronically controlled, load-sensing dozer lift and tilt
- Electronically enabled quick drop valve
- STARTERS, BATTERIES, AND ALTERNATORS
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, heavy duty
- Starting receptacle, auxiliary
- Alarm, back-up
- Converter, 24V to 12V
- Diagnostic connector
- Horn, forward warning
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- ROPS mounted air conditioner
- Armrest, adjustable
- Advisor operator interface: - Electronic monitoring system - Diagnostic service information - Operator preferences
- Cab, ROPS/FOPS, sound suppressed
- Deactivation switch, hydraulic controls
- Access/egress lighting with shutdown timer
- Decelerator pedal
- Governor switch, electronic
- Heater and ventilation
- Mirror, rearview
- Provision for wire passage in/out of cab
- Interior LED courtesy lights
- Seat, cloth, air-suspension
- Seatbelt, retractable
- Steering control, direction and speed control thumb switches with recall button
- Wipers, intermittent
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- CD ROM Parts Book
- Engine enclosures
- Equalizer bar, pinned
- Front pull device
- Guards, bottom hinged
- Grade control ready
- HVAC box - corrosive resistant
- Mounting, lift cylinders
- Oil cooler, hydraulic
- Product Link: - PL321 (Satellite) - PL522 (Cellular)
- S·O·SSM sampling ports
- Steering, electronically controlled power differential
- Vandalism protection for fluid compartments
- Engine compartment service light
- Six lights package
- Reversing fan (dual or single tilt)
- Oil change system, high speed
- Precleaner, turbine
- Fast fuel system
- Service package with powertrain and engine hour meter, ecology drains
- Thermal shield, including insulated CEM
- Standard with EU sound suppression
- Thermal shield
- Thermal shield with EU sound suppression
- Engine coolant - arctic (-51° C/-60° F)
- 8.5 fins/inch
- 6.35 fins/inch high debris package
- Hydraulics, dual tilt
- Hydraulics, pin puller
- Hydraulics, ripper
- Hydraulics, winch
- Hydraulic implement towing arrangement
- Hydraulic valve fan - cold weather
- STARTERS, BATTERIES, AND ALTERNATORS
- Batteries, arctic
- Heater, engine coolant (240V)
- Alternator, 150 amps, ducted
- Premium light package (3 HID, 7 halogen)
- Sweeps light package (8 halogen)
- Light, warning strobe
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Visibility arrangement, single camera (EU required)
- Enhanced dual pane glass
- Pressurized cab
- Seat, cloth heated/ventilated
- Window shades
- INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY
- AccuGrade Attachment Ready Option
- AccuGrade (dealer installed)
- Computer Aided Earthmoving System (CAES) (dealer installed)
- Standard configuration
- LGP configuration
- Heavy duty undercarriage: - Suspended - Non-suspended
- SystemOne undercarriage
- Powered bottom guard (Standard or LGP)
- Track pairs (44-section) sealed and lubricated, single grouser shoes
- POSITIVE PIN RETENTION TRACK
- PPR Track
- PPR Track - guarded
- PPR Track - arctic
- Extreme Service Track - 610 mm, 660 mm, 710 mm, 965 mm (24 in, 26 in, 28 in, 38 in)
- Moderate Service Track - 610 mm, 660 mm, 710 mm, 965 mm (24 in, 26 in, 28 in, 38 in)
- Super Extreme Service Track - 610 mm (24 in)
- Extreme Service Track (trapezoidal hole) - 610 mm, 660 mm, 710 mm, 965 mm (24 in, 26 in, 28 in, 38 in)
- Super Extreme Service Track (trapezoidal hole) - 660 mm (26 in)
- Moderate Service Track (trapezoidal hole) - 710 mm (28 in)
- SYSTEMONE TRACK
- Center tread idler
- Conventional idler
- Extreme Service - 610 mm, 660 mm, 710 mm (24 in, 26 in, 28 in)
- Super Extreme Service - 610 mm, 660 mm, 710 mm (24 in, 26 in, 28 in)
- Extreme Service (center hole) - 610 mm, 660 mm (24 in, 26 in)
- Super Extreme Service (center hole) - 610 mm, 660 mm (24 in, 26 in)
- ROLLER OPTIONS
- Carrier rollers: - Suspended - Non-suspended
- Seals, arctic, idler/roller
- Rollers, arctic/pins
- Cartridge pins, arctic
- Guard, fuel tank
- Guard, fast fuel
- Guard, center tread idler seals
- Guard, transmission
- Guard, fan debris
- Front striker bars
- Sweeps group
- OTHER ATTACHMENTS
- Grab handles, push arm
- 8A Angle Blade
- 8U Universal Blade
- 8SU Semi-Universal Blade
- 8SU LGP Semi-Universal Blade
- 8SU Landfill Blade
- 8SU LGP Landfill Blade
- Coal Blade
- Woodchip Blade
- Rock and landfill guards, as well as push plates and wear plates, are available for specific applications
- BULLDOZER INSTALLATION PACKAGES
- Standard lift cylinders
- 8A bulldozer
- 8 SU/U dozer, single tilt
- 8 SU/U dozer, single tilt guarded
- 8 SU/U dozer, dual tilt guarded
- 8 LGP dozer single tilt
- 8 LGP dozer single tilt guarded
- 8 LGP dozer dual tilt guarded
- OTHER BULLDOZER ATTACHMENTS
- Dual tilt arrangement
- Black paint on back of dozer blade
- REAR ATTACHMENTS
- Drawbar, rigid
- Rear counterweight
- Rear counterweight, additional
- Rear striker bars
- Ripper single-shank
- Ripper multi-shank
- Ripper, single- or multi-shank with striker bar
- Pin puller
- Tooth, multi-shank ripper
- Tooth, deep ripping
- Winch - variable speed
- SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Waste Handler Arrangement
- Stockpile Arrangement
- ROPS Omission Arrangement
Service Refill Capacities
Undercarriage - LGP
Undercarriage - Standard
Comfort and convenience
The D8T cab is designed and equipped for operator productivity, safety and comfort. Large single-pane windows, tapered hood and notched fuel tank provide excellent visibility to all sides of the machine and around the job site. New standard and optional light packages extend the productive work day. The D8T features an updated in-dash display with new functionalities. An improved Advisor Monitoring System tracks machine operating conditions in real time. An integrated grade control system display mount puts job site data conveniently in front of the operator. Operators will enjoy comfort features like standard air-ride suspension seat, adjustable armrests and well-positioned air vents. The cab is radio ready and includes a personal music player jack. A power converter supplies supplemental power for cellular phones and computers. New finishes make the cab easier to clean.
Power and reliability
The D8T features a Cat C15 ACERT engine and a Cat Clean Emissions Module to deliver the performance and efficiency that customers demand. The six-cylinder electronic engine is turbocharged and aftercooled. The displacement produces better lugging capability, lower internal stresses and longer component life. ACERT Technology is a combination of building blocks that includes electronics, fuel systems, air management systems and aftertreatment components. The system is optimized based on engine size, the type of application and the geographic location in which it will work. The technologies are applied systematically and strategically to meet high customer expectations for productivity, fuel efficiency, reliability and service life.
Reliable, integrated solutions
The Cat NOx Reduction System captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
Cat aftertreatment components have been designed to match application needs. System components include a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), which uses a chemical process to convert regulated emissions in the exhaust system, and a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that traps particulate matter that is carried into the exhaust stream. The DOC, DPF and Cat Regeneration System are contained in a Caterpillar designed Clean Emissions Module (CEM) that protects the components, minimizes the aftertreatment footprint and simplifies maintenance. An optional insulated Clean Emissions Module is available for high debris applications that require thermal shields on exhaust components.
The Cat Regeneration System is designed to work transparently, without any interaction needed from the operator. Under most operating conditions, engine exhaust is hot enough to oxidize soot through passive regeneration. If supplemental regeneration is needed, the Cat Regeneration System elevates exhaust gas temperatures to burn off soot in the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). This is a process that happens automatically, but the operator can initiate the cycle when convenient or interrupt regeneration as needed. A soot level monitor and regeneration indicator lights are integrated into the D8T dash display.
Delayed Engine Shutdown feature is available to allow the machine to cool immediately after a heavy work load or regeneration cycle.
An optional Engine Idle Shutdown timer will sound a warning and shut down the engine after the machine has been idling for a pre-set period of time.
From engine to transmission to final drives, the D8T powertrain is designed to turn power into productive work. The D8T offers unmatched lugging capability and smooth shifting when changing gears under varying loads. The 3-speed forward, 3-speed reverse transmission, backed by differential steering, offers excellent run out speeds and accurate steering capability.
A robust, high efficiency torque divider provides high torque multiplication to move heavy loads, while shielding the drive train from sudden torque shocks and vibration.
Differential steering maintains full power to both tracks for best-in-class turning under load. When one track speeds up, the other slows down an equal amount. Maneuverability - especially with large blade loads - is improved, as well as cycle times in some applications. Greater load capacity, power and speed control are possible in soft underfoot conditions on steep slopes because both tracks are powered during turns.
The planetary power shift transmission offers smooth shifting and quick speed and directional changes for maximum productivity. The transmission is built for long life, and a modular design allows for ease of service without removing other components.
The new Enhanced Auto Shift feature uses the simple “shift up, idle back” principle during forward and reverse travel to save fuel and improve overall dozing cycle fuel efficiency.
Auto-shift allows the operator, by just making a directional change, to go from preset forward to preset reverse gears. Auto‑kickdown automatically downshifts the transmission when significant load increases are detected. These features are especially useful when backfilling or rough grading. Operators can select from a variety of settings, and can override the automatic shift features at any time.
Implement and Steering Controls
Ergonomically designed for ease of operation
A new steering tiller is ergonomically designed to improve operator comfort. The new thumb roller on the steering control shifts the electronically controlled powershift transmission. The tiller allows precise steering in close areas with the finest modulation in the industry.
The D8T features an ergonomically designed dozer lever with low effort, electro-hydraulic controls for added operator comfort, ease of operation and precise work tool control. Features such as blade response, blade float, auto blade pitch and spread rate can be set up and adjusted using the Advisor panel. When equipped, single-handle convenience also controls functions like AccuGrade and Dual Tilt.
A rigidly mounted handgrip provides firm support for the operator even when ripping in the roughest terrain. Thumb and fingertip controls direct ripper functions. Programmable features like Auto Lift, Shank-Out, Auto Stow and Automatic Ripper Control help increase operator efficiency.
One touch of the throttle rocker switch automatically adjusts engine speed to high or low idle. A new feature allows the operator to press and hold until desired engine speed is reached, then release for the machine to maintain the new chosen speed.
Durable and efficient
The engine radiator, Air To Air After Cooler (ATAAC) and hydraulic oil cooler are packaged in a single plane. Aluminum bar plate construction aids durability and allows for higher heat transfer and superior corrosion resistance. The standard cores feature 6 fins per inch to allow debris to pass through and reduce plugging concerns. In cooler conditions, a Hydraulically Driven Demand Fan reduces speed to conserve power, save fuel, and decrease sound levels. An optional Reversing Fan can be set to change air flow direction, efficiently removing debris from the cooling cores without the operator leaving the cab. To improve core serviceability, the cooling package also includes air wand or brush access slots. The ROPS mounted air conditioning system works with the reversing fan for optimum fan purging and ambient cooling capability.
Engineered for performance
The D8T is available in Standard and Low Ground Pressure (LGP) configurations to suit your application needs. The machine features the Cat elevated sprocket design that isolates final drives, axles, and steering components from harsh impacts. The modular design aids serviceability to help reduce maintenance costs. A variety of undercarriage configurations and track shoe designs help optimize performance and undercarriage life. Heavy Duty Undercarriage with Positive Pin Retention Moderate Service Sealed and Lubricated Track is standard. This undercarriage is well suited to aggressive applications like land clearing, side-slopes, or working in rocky or uneven terrain. Components are designed for extended wear life in abrasive conditions and high impact applications. SystemOne™ Undercarriage is available as an option and can help reduce total undercarriage owning and operating costs in many applications. SystemOne features lifetime sealed and lubricated cartridges to eliminate bushing turns, and sprockets require no replacement during the life of the chain. All SystemOne undercarriage components are designed to work and wear as a system for longer track life.
Monitor, manage, and enhance job site operations
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management - increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity - monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety - enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe. Featured Cat Connect technologies include:
Link technologies provide wireless capability to machines enabling two-way transfer of information collected by on-board sensors, control modules, and other Cat Connect technologies using off-board apps, such as our VisionLink software.
Product Link takes the guesswork out of equipment management. Track location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink interface. Manage your fleet in real time so you can maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
Grade technologies combine digital design data, in-cab guidance, and automatic controls to enhance grading accuracy, reduce rework, and lower costs related to production earthmoving and rough, fine and finish grade applications.
Cat Grade Control is a factory-integrated grade control system that enables operators to improve grading efficiency, accuracy and productivity. The system automates blade movements, reducing manual operator inputs by as much as 80 percent. Experienced operators can maintain peak efficiency levels throughout more of the work day, while less experienced operators can be more productive faster. The integrated design moves the antennas to the top of the cab, eliminating masts and cables traditionally on the blade. 3D mapping of blade and tracks reduces the need for grade checkers and staking, enhances safety and reduces labor costs. Cat Grade Control is used in fine grading and production dozing applications. Three operating modes - Rough Grade, Grade Protection, and Grade Control - enable consistent grades. Integrated, productivity enhancing features - AutoCarry™, Auto Blade Assist, and Automatic Ripper Control - turn the D8T into a high production dozing system. These features work together to reduce fuel consumption and increase component life.
AccuGrade is a dealer-installed aftermarket grade control system that provides higher accuracy capabilities by adding laser and UTS technology when required. The factory AccuGrade Ready Option provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware and simplifies installation. Deep integration optimizes machine and system performance to maximize productivity.
Equipped for versatility
High tensile strength steel with a strong box-section design stands up to the most severe applications. Heavy moldboard construction and hardened bolt-on cutting edges and end bits add strength and durability. Optional rock guards and deflector shields help protect cylinders. High-Capacity Universal, Semi-Universal and Angle Blades are available, as well as special configurations for coal and woodchip stockpile applications.
Dual Tilt improves load control and allows the operator to optimize the blade pitch angle for better balance and productivity. Tilt the blade forward for better penetration, then tilt back to increase carrying capacity.
Auto Blade Assist automates blade pitch and lift control during a typical dozing cycle to help reduce operator fatigue.
The standard D8T implement valve is ready for ripper installation, giving you the flexibility to use one, two or three shanks. A Single-Shank Ripper is recommended in severe applications. A Multi-Shank Ripper is best in less severe applications or if ripping near a high wall.
Field-proven load-sensing hydraulics continually respond to operating requirements by automatically adjusting attachment hydraulic power for maximum efficiency. High efficiency, variable displacement pumps supply maximum flow rates for tough applications, implement power on demand, and consistent pressure output for quick response. Variable flow design minimizes hydraulic oil temperatures and helps save fuel.
Rear counterweights provide proper tractor balance to maximize dozing production and are recommended when tractor is not equipped with any other rear attachment.
Please consult your Cat dealer for available winch options.
Engineered for maximum production and service life
The D8T mainframe is built industry-leading tough - heavy steel castings, full box section frame rails and continuous rolled sections on top and bottom frame rails provide the strength to absorb high impact shock loads and twisting forces. The D8T pivot shaft runs through the mainframe and connects to the roller frames, allowing independent oscillation. The full-length pivot shaft distributes impact loads throughout the case, reducing the bending stress on the case. The Tag-Link brings the blade closer to the machine for more precise dozing and load control. The design provides solid lateral stability and better cylinder positions for constant break out force, independent of blade height. Cat track-type tractor frames set the industry standard for durability. Major structures and components are built to be rebuilt, reducing waste and replacement costs.
Thinking generations ahead
- Features like Enhanced Auto Shift and a Hydraulic Demand Fan help decrease overall fuel consumption.
- Technologies like AccuGrade and Product Link help improve overall efficiency, saving fuel and fluids, as well as wear and tear.
- New grab handles, steps, lighting packages and a ground level service center help enhance job site safety.
- Major components are built to be rebuilt, eliminating waste and saving customers money by giving the machine a second - and even third - life.
- Approximately 98% of machine materials can be recycled (ISO 16714), conserving valuable natural resources and further enhancing machine end-of-life value.
Serviceability and Customer Support
When uptime counts
The D8T offers full left-side engine serviceability, including fill tube, dipstick, air cleaner, fuel filters, oil filter and coolant level check. Cooling system access is also improved for inspection and cleaning. To reduce maintenance cost and time, the D8T features a new high capacity filter element and improved powertrain filter bypass strategy to extend service intervals. The in-cab monitoring system also provides electronic fluid level verification at startup for the coolant, powertrain and engine oil systems.
The new ground level service center is accessible on the left hand fender without setting foot on the machine, giving easy access to the battery disconnect, secondary engine shutdown and access light switches. A digital hour meter is also available.
Newly designed steps and handrails make climbing on and off the tractor easier than ever. An access light switch turns on the cab or exterior light for night time visibility when mounting/dismounting the machine. An Operator Not Present Monitoring system allows the machine to idle when an operator is not in the seat. The system locks out the powertrain so any unintentional movements during ingress or egress will not physically move the machine.
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide the best in sales and service. Manage costs with preventive maintenance programs like Custom Track Service, Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·SSM) analysis, and guaranteed maintenance contracts. Stay productive with best-in-class parts availability. Cat dealers can even help you with operator training to help you boost your profits. And when it’s time for machine replacement, your Cat dealer can help you save even more with Genuine Cat Reman parts. Receive the same warranty and reliability as new products at cost savings of 40 to 70 percent for powertrain and hydraulic components.
Download Specalog Here