- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Accessory Power Converter (APC)
- Alarm, Backup
- Batteries, Heavy Duty
- Converter, 24V to 12V, 10 Amp
- Heater, Engine Coolant, 120V
- Horn, Forward Warning
- Product Link
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air Suspension Seat
- Armrest, Adjustable
- Bidirectional Shift Switch
- Center Post Cab, ROPS/FOPS
- Continuously Variable Speed Control
- Differential Steering
- Electro-Hydraulic Controls
- Electronic Monitoring System
- Foot Supports, Dash
- Hour Meter, Electronic
- Machine Isolation, Operator Presence
- Mirror, Rearview
- Modular HVAC, Cab Mounted
- Radio Ready, 12V
- Seat Belt, Retractable 3" (76 mm)
- Speed Recall Button
- Throttle Dial, Electronic
- Tilt Cab and Tilt Cab Jack
- Travel Control Pedal
- Wipers, Intermittent
- POWER TRAIN
- Air Cleaner, precleaner with strata tube dust ejector
- C9.3 ACERT Engine
- Continuously Variable Speed Transmission
- Coolant, Extended Life
- Drains, Ecology, Power Train
- Electronic Air Cleaner Service Indicator
- Fan, Hydraulically Driven Demand
- Final Drives, Double Reduction
- Fuel Priming Pump, Electronic
- Parking Brake, Electronic
- Starting Aid, Ether
- Turbocharger, Wastegated
- Water Separator
- Heavy Duty Track (610 mm/24” MS)
- Heavy Duty Track (914 mm/36” MS) (LGP)
- Guards, End Track Guiding
- Idler Guards
- Master Link
- Rollers and Idlers, Lifetime Lubricated
- Sprocket Rim Segments, Replaceable
- Track Adjusters, Gas Spring Recoil, Grease Track Adjust
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- CD ROM Parts Book
- Engine Enclosures, Perforated
- Front Tow Hook
- Grade Control Ready
- Guards, Hinged Bottom
- Hood, Perforated
- Hydraulics, Load Sensing, Dozer Lift and Tilt
- Oil Cooler, Hydraulic
- S•O•SSM Sampling Ports
- Radiator Doors, Louvered, Double Hinged
- Vandalism Protection for Fluid Compartments and Battery Box
- 610 mm, 660 mm, 914 mm (24", 26", and 36") Track Pads
- AccuGrade Ready Installation Arrangement
- Black Hood and Back of Blade
- Cold Weather Attachments
- Engine Coolant Heater, 240 V
- Enhanced Clean Cab
- Fast Fuel
- Final Drive Clamshell Guards
- Final Drive Flange Protection
- Front and Rear Screens
- Heated Seat
- Heavy Duty Grill Door, Hinged
- Basic (6) Lights
- Premium (10) HID Lights
- Multi-shank Ripper and Ripper Hydraulics
- Power Train Oil Change System
- Rear Vision Camera
- Reversible Fan
- Sound Suppression (Europe)
- SU (Semi-universal), U (Universal), (S) Straight, and Angle Blades
- Sweeps (without canopy)
- SystemOne Undercarriage
- Track Guide Guards
- Turbine Precleaner
- Waste (Landfill) Arrangements
- Winch Arrangement (PACCAR PA90)
- Winch Hydraulics
- Woodchip Arrangement
Service Refill Capacities
Hydraulic Controls - Maximum Operating Pressure
Hydraulic Controls - Pump
Hydraulic Controls - Main Relief Valve
First-of-its-kind Electric Drive delivers power and efficiency.
The electric generator, power inverter and propulsion module in the electric drive system replace traditional mechanical components such as a torque converter and transmission. The Cat® C9.3 engine with ACERT™ Technology turns a powerful electric generator that efficiently converts mechanical energy into AC electrical current. Electrical current from the generator flows through specially armored cables and military grade connectors to a solid-state power inverter. Advanced electronics send AC current to the propulsion module to control the motors and provides DC current for the accessory systems. The propulsion module delivers well-modulated torque via axles to the final drives. Consisting of state-of-the-art AC electric motors—and connected to the D7E updated differential steering system—the propulsion module has no moving electrical contacts and few moving mechanical parts. All electrical components are fully sealed to safely operate in a wide range of dozing conditions. Liquid cooling ensures that the electric drive components deliver peak performance in extreme temperature conditions. The D7E electric drive system is highly efficient at delivering engine power to the ground. Infinitely variable speed control, means there are no gears to shift. Operators can concentrate on the task and the job site, rather than on shifting gears and managing engine speed. Training is simplified as well. A proven differential steering system combines with electric drive to make the D7E the only system that can perform locked-track pivot turns for better maneuverability. A dedicated D8-size steering pump delivers improved performance.
- Fuel efficiency: 10 - 30 percent less fuel burned per hour.
- Reduced owning and operating costs: Fewer moving parts, longer drive train component life, reduced lifetime service and maintenance.
- Resourceful: Designed to use less fuel and fluids, and fewer replacement parts.
- Increased efficiency: Lower fuel usage per cubic yard of material moved.
- Increased productivity: More material moved per hour.
- Versatility: Power, smooth operation and maneuverability for a wide variety of applications.
The D7E electric drive train is powered by a 235 hp Cat C9.3 engine with ACERT™ Technology. The engine utilizes a proven common rail fuel system for improved efficiency and fuel economy. Featuring the latest in Cat emissions reduction technologies, this engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 3, EU Stage IIIa and Japan MLIT Step 3 emissions regulations. The efficient drive train allows the engine to operate in a tighter rpm range, 1500 - 1800 rpm, which helps extend engine life and improve fuel economy. The increased drivetrain efficiency also allows the machine to achieve greater performance at lower horsepower than previous models, adding even more to the D7E overall benefits.
- Beltless design: Accessory systems are electrically powered, so engine belts and alternators are not needed.
- Serviceability: Electric priming pump and easier engine access make service easier.
- Leak Protection: Components are sealed, preventing leaks and protecting fluids from contamination.
Efficient and easy to service.
The D7E cooling system uses a three-part radiator built with rugged, highly efficient aluminum bar cores for charged air, jacket water, and the separate circuit. Although the jacket water and separate circuit coolant operate at different temperatures, the radiator appears and acts as one integrated unit. Airflow is managed by a hydraulic variable speed demand fan, reducing power requirements and fuel consumption. A molded shroud ensures efficient air flow through the radiator and the fan utilizes lightweight, durable fiberglass blades for high efficiency and quiet operation. A larger gap between fins reduces plugging, and the single-plane design allows for easier cleaning and service.
Unprecedented all-around visibility and comfort.
The all new D7E cab is designed to maximize operator efficiency. From the operator’s seat, the single center post aligns perfectly with the air intake, exhaust and lift cylinder, greatly enhancing forward visibility. The angled door provides more side glass area, improving sightlines to the blade and all around the job site. That helps operators work more confidently and productively all shift long and enhances job site safety.
- The cab offers more interior space, as well as wider, swing out doors for easier cab access.
- Ergonomic controls are fully adjustable and designed for low-effort comfort. Switches and controls for various systems are located within easy reach of the operator.
- Interior noise levels are reduced to a quiet 73 dB(A).
- A single-unit heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is self contained and powered by electrical current from the accessory power converter. It has no belts, needs no long refrigerant lines, and maintains maximum cooling efficiency even when the machine goes to idle.
- An integrated display screen provides a range of machine status information, plus safety, service and maintenance-related alerts. Built-in connections and mounts make for easy installation of a grade control system display.
- A speed recall feature allows operators to pre-set the desired forward and reverse travel speed, and then resume that speed simply by pressing a button.
The D7E features an advanced low drive undercarriage design for greater machine versatility in a wider range of applications. Improved visibility, especially to the sides, is only one of the several benefits of this highly efficient undercarriage system. D10-size sprocket bearings give the D7E the added durability for a wide range of applications. Shock loads are directed through the roller frame to reduce wear and tear on the machine - and on the operator. The low drive undercarriage configuration also allows the cab to be tilted for convenient service access to the drive train system.
The heavy duty undercarriage system is well suited to aggressive, high impact applications such as logging, side-slopes, or working in rocky or uneven terrain. The components are designed for extended wear life in abrasive conditions and high impact applications. The heavy duty track features improved track shoe design - increased grouser height, enhanced penetration, increased leading and trailing edge of shoe and increased track overlap.
The optional SystemOne™ undercarriage has been proven to reduce total undercarriage owning and operating costs up to 70 percent. SystemOne features lifetime sealed and lubricated cartridges to eliminate bushing turns, and sprockets require no replacement during the life of the chain. A rotating bushing design allows the center tread idlers and sprocket segments to last through at least two sets of track. An open and smooth roller frame design reduces mud buildup and enables easy clean-out. In addition, all SystemOne undercarriage components are designed to work and wear as a system. They deliver long, balanced wear life and require very little service between undercarriage overhauls.
STD - designed for versatility, this undercarriage configuration works in a variety of soil conditions. It provides the proper ground contact and pressure to maximize your productivity. LGP - designed to work in soft and spongy conditions. Wide track shoes, long track frames, and a wider gauge increases track contact area and reduces ground pressure for improved stability providing excellent flotation in swampy conditions.
Systems to achieve even greater productivity.
Caterpillar is helping customers revolutionize the way they move material with new technology solutions for earthmoving machines - solutions that provide greater accuracy, higher productivity, lower operating costs and more profitability. The AccuGrade System is designed and integrated into the machine and hydraulic systems to create an automated blade control. Blade-mounted sensors calculate precise blade slope and elevation information. The integrated electro-hydraulic valve control module uses the information from the sensors to automatically adjust the blade to maintain grade. Automated blade control allows operators to improve efficiency and productivity by achieving grade faster and in fewer passes than ever before, reducing the need for traditional survey stakes or grade checkers.
The D7E ships from the factory with grade control system wiring and mounting points already installed. This makes adding AccuGrade quick and easy, and optimizes performance and reliability. Productivity is further enhanced by the D7E distributed electro-hydraulic system. Hydraulic valves are placed next to the components they control for quicker response and faster cycle times.
Cat® Product Link enables convenient remote monitoring of equipment. Get useable information to keep jobs on schedule, maintain machine health and reduce fleet owning and operating costs.
- Simplify fleet management and monitor machine use.
- Link all machines, regardless of brand.
- Three levels of insight to meet specific business requirements.
Designed for performance and versatility.
The D7E features a robust, single lift cylinder design. The single cylinder delivers the same power as a dual-cylinder system, but with fewer than half the components. Blade stability is excellent, supported by L-shaped push arms. Dozer blade capacity is the same as previous models, although the D7E blade enhances durability with thicker plating.
- Universal Blade
- Semi-Universal Blade
- Straight Blade
- Angle Blade
Distributed hydraulics and commonality among D7E rear Work Tools help maximize productivity and efficiency. A well-balanced machine design means counterweights are not needed when a rear work tool is not attached.
The ripper on the D7E is placed closer to the machine for improved balance. The Ripper Auto Stow function allows the operator to automatically raise and position the ripper for the next pass. Cast-in ripper mounts mean the machine comes ready-to-pin from the factory, so a ripper can be mounted quickly and easily.
The hydraulically driven winch for the D7E features positive load control with variable speed, a dual braking system, a single lever control and a standard three roller fairlead.
The drawbar for the D7E is suited for a variety of applications, including disks, compactors, chopper wheels, pull-type scrapers and retrieving other equipment.
Increase uptime by reducing service time.
The D7E redefines serviceability. With easy access to service points and increased servicing intervals, the D7E can significantly reduce total owning and operating costs.
- Service points are grouped on the left side of the machine for quick and easy routine maintenance.
- A tilt cab allows easy access to modular major components, such as generator, propulsion module, power electronics and hydraulics.
- A battery disconnect switch initiates safe shutdown of the electric drive system for maintenance.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Modular final drives can be easily accessed and serviced.
- The heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is self contained for improved performance, increased service intervals and ease of serviceability.
- Electric drive reduces maintenance requirements by eliminating belts, engine-mounted compressors, alternator, clutches and transmission control valves.
- Ground-level sight gauges provide quick and easy inspection of fluid levels.
- Maintenance-free, heavy duty batteries with disconnect switch.
- Remote electric priming pump and under-hood servicing light.
- Optional high-speed oil change system.
- Optional remote jumpstart receptacle.
- Cat monitoring system.
Count on Cat dealers for business solutions.
Cat dealers can help customers compare and choose the right machine for their business.
Cat dealers offer financing options to meet a variety of needs.
Improve operating technique for better productivity and profit with the latest Cat dealer training resources.
Cat dealers are with customers every step of the way with unsurpassed worldwide parts support, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
Resourceful in every way.
The D7E is designed to maximize efficiency and productivity while conserving natural resources.
- Burns 10 - 30 percent less fuel per hour than previous models. Less fuel burned means reduced emissions.
- The D7E earned a 2009 Clean Air Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- More efficient - 25 percent more material moved per gallon/liter of fuel.
- Fewer parts and longer component life, less fuel and fluids, means less to replace and less to dispose of.
- Major structures and components are built to be rebuilt, reducing waste and replacement costs.
Download Specalog Here