- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- C6.6 diesel engine
- Biodiesel capable
- EPA Tier 4 Interim
- 2300 m (7,500 ft) altitude capability
- Electric priming pump
- Automatic engine speed control
- Economy, standard and high power modes
- Two-speed travel
- Side-by-side cooling system (tilt-up ATAAC, swing-out A/C condenser)
- Radial seal air filter
- Primary filter with water separator and water separator indicator switch
- Starting kit, cold weather, -18° C (0° F)
- Screen fuel filter in fuel lines
- Primary fuel filter
- Secondary fuel filter
- Quick drains, engine and hydraulic oil (QuickEvac)
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Regeneration circuit for boom and stick
- Reverse swing dampening valve
- Automatic swing parking brake
- High-performance hydraulic return filter
- Capability of installing HP stackable valve and medium and QC valve
- Capability of installing additional auxiliary pump and circuit
- Capability of installing boom lowering control device and stick lowering check valve
- Capability of installing Cat Bio hydraulic oil
- Fine swing control
- Pressurized operator station with positive filtration
- Mirror package
- Sliding upper door window (left-hand cab door)
- Glass-breaking safety hammer
- Removable lower windshield with in cab storage bracket
- Coat hook
- Beverage holder
- Literature holder
- AM/FM radio
- Radio with MP3 auxiliary audio port
- Two 12V stereo speakers
- Storage shelf suitable for lunch or toolbox
- Color LCD display with warning, filter/fluid change, and working hour information
- Adjustable armrest
- Height adjustable joystick consoles
- Neutral lever (lock out) for all controls
- Travel control pedals with removable hand levers
- Capability of installing two additional pedals
- Two power outlets, 10 amp (total)
- Laminated glass front upper window and tempered other windows
- Grease Lubricated Track GLT2, resin seal
- Towing eye on base frame
- 80 amp alternator
- Circuit breaker
- Capability to electrically connect a beacon
- Boom light with time delay
- Exterior lights integrated into storage box
- Cat one key security system
- Door locks
- Cap locks on fuel and hydraulic tanks
- Lockable external tool/storage box
- Signaling/warning horn
- Secondary engine shutoff switch
- Openable skylight for emergency exit
- Rearview camera
- Travel alarm
- Product Link
- Starting kit, cold weather, -32° C (-26° F)
- Jump start receptacle
- Radiator screen
- Block heater (jacket water heater)
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Control pattern quick-changer, two way
- Additional circuit
- Boom and stick lines
- High-pressure line
- Medium-pressure line
- Cat quick coupler line - high-pressure capable
- Electronic Control device, 1/2P, one-way circuit
- Electronic Control device (Common), 1/2P, common circuit
- Electronic Control device, 1P, two-way circuit
- Boom lowering and stick lowering control device
- Cab hatch emergency exit
- Seat, high-back air suspension with heater
- Seat, high-back mechanical suspension
- Windshield wiper, upper and lower with washer
- Air pre-filter
- Left foot switch
- Left pedal
- Straight travel pedal
- 600 mm (24") triple grouser shoes
- 790 mm (31") triple grouser shoes
- Guard, full length for long FG undercarriage
- Guard, heavy-duty bottom
- Center track guiding guard
- Segmented (2 piece) track guiding guard
- HD track roller
- 3.55 mt (3.9 t) with lifting eye
- 4.6 mt (5.1 t) with lifting eye
- 5.4 mt (5.9 t) with lifting eye
- FRONT LINKAGE
- Quick coupler
- Bucket linkage, B1 family with lifting eye
- 5.7 m (18'8") heavy duty and extreme service booms
- 8.85 m (29'0") SLR boom
- 2.9 m (9'6") stick
- 3.9 m (12'10") stick
- 6.28 m (20'6") SLR stick
- Working lights, cab mounted with time delay
- HID lights, cab mounted with time delay
- Halogen boom lights
- FOGS, bolt-on
- Side rubber bumper
- Guard, vandalism
- Cat MSS (anti-theft device)
- Cat Grade Control Depth and Slope
Service Refill Capacities
Reduced emissions, economical and reliable performance
The Cat C6.6 ACERT engine delivers more horsepower using significantly less fuel than the previous series engine.
Equipped to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim emission standards, the 320E’s C6.6 ACERT engine features an aftertreatment regeneration solution that requires no operator intervention. The regeneration process automatically starts once the filtering system reaches a certain level - with no interruption to machine performance or the work process.
The C6.6 ACERT engine is equipped with an electronic-controlled high-pressure fuel system that includes an electric priming pump and three-layer fuel hoses to allow the use of biodiesel (meeting ASTM 6751 or EN 14214) up to B20 (biodiesel 20% mixture).
The cooling system features an air-to-air aftercooler and A/C condenser that tilt up and swing out of the way for easy servicing; the viscous fan automatically adjusts to ambient temperatures to help reduce fuel consumption and noise.
The 320E features speed control to maintain a constant speed - regardless of load - to improve fuel economy. Three different power modes are offered: high power, standard power, and economy power. The operator can easily change between modes through the monitor or console switch to meet the needs for the job at hand - all to help manage and conserve fuel.
Comfort and convenience to keep people productive
The seat range includes air suspension, heated, options. All seats include a reclining back, upper and lower seat slide adjustments, and height and tilt angle adjustments to meet operator needs for comfort and productivity.
The right and left joystick consoles (1) can be adjusted to meet individual preferences, improving operator comfort and productivity during the course of a day. With the touch of a button, one-touch idle reduces engine speed to help save fuel; touch it again or move the joystick and the machine returns to normal operating level.
The 320E is equipped with a 7" LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitor (2) that’s 40% bigger than the previous model’s with higher resolution for better visibility. In addition to an improved keypad and added functionality, it’s programmable to provide information in a choice of 42 languages to support today’s diverse workforce. An “Engine Shutdown Setting” accessible through the monitor allows owners and operators to specify how long the machine should idle before shutting down the engine, which can save significant amounts of fuel. The image of the rearview camera is displayed directly on the monitor. Up to two different camera images can be displayed on the screen.
Two 12-volt power supply sockets are located near key storage areas for charging electronic devices.
Storage spaces are located in the front, rear, and side consoles. A specific space near the auxiliary power supply holds MP3 players and cell phones. The drink holder accommodates large mugs with handles, and a shelf behind the seat stores large lunch or toolboxes.
The climate control system features five air outlets with positive filtered ventilation, which makes working in the heat and cold much more pleasant.
Power to move more dirt, rock, and debris with speed and precision
Hydraulic horsepower is the actual machine power available to do work through implements and work tools. It’s much more than just the engine power under the hood - it’s a core strength that differentiates Cat machines from other brands.
The 320E uses a high-pressure hydraulic system to tackle the toughest of work in short order. A highly efficient and simple back-to-back main control valve improves fuel consumption and allows for greater tool versatility.
This valve minimizes pump flow when the boom lowers down, which helps improve fuel efficiency. It is optimized for any dial speed setting being used by the operator, which results in enhanced boom lowering speed for greater controllability.
The 320E features a heavy lift mode, which increases machine system pressure to improve lift over the front of the machine - a nice benefit in challenging situations. The system’s pressure increase combined with a reduction in engine speed and heavier counterweight option give operators better control when lifting robust objects like concrete pipe and road construction barriers.
Structures & Undercarriage
Built to work in rugged environments
The upper frame includes reinforced mountings to support the Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) cab; the lower frame is reinforced to increase component durability.
Fixed gauge long undercarriage systems are available to support various work applications. Heavy-duty track rollers, precision-forged carrier rollers, press-fit pin master joints, and enhanced track shoe bolts improve durability and reduce the risk of machine downtime and the need and cost to replace components. Also, a segmented two-piece guiding guard is now offered to help maintain track alignment and improve performance in multiple applications.
Three counterweight options are available: 3.55 mt (3.9 ton), 4.6 mt (5.1 ton) for super long reach, and 5.4 mt (5.9 ton) for heavy counterweight configuration. Integrated links enable easy removal of the counterweight for maintenance or shipping.
Made for high stress and long service life
The 320E is offered with a range of booms and sticks (see list below). Each is built with internal baffle plates for added durability, and each undergoes ultrasound inspection to ensure weld quality and reliability. Large box-section structures with thick, multi-plate fabrications, castings, and forgings are used in high-stress areas such as the boom nose, boom foot, boom cylinder, and stick foot to improve durability. The boom nose pin retention method is a durable captured flag design. Boom durability is improved with a number of plate thickness changes. Also, the front linkage pins’ inner bearing surfaces are welded, and a self-lubricated bearing is used to extend service intervals and increase uptime.
There are three basic boom options: HD, ES, and SLR. Sticks match the boom descriptions and applications below:
- HD = Heavy Duty - This type of boom is designed to balance reach, digging force, and bucket capacity. It covers the vast majority of applications such as digging, loading, trenching, and working with hydraulic tools.
- ES = Extreme Service - This type of boom is best used for demolition or extreme applications where stress loads on the boom are increased. It should be used for demanding, harsh applications like 100% rock and extensive hammer use.
- SLR = Super Long Reach - This front offers reaches to over 51 feet. It is well suited for ditch cleaning applications.
You can dig, hammer, rip, and cut with confidence.
You can extend the versatility and performance of your machine with the full lineup of Cat work tools. Each tool equips your machine to perform many different tasks found at a variety of job sites.
Imagine the productivity you’ll achieve with a quick coupler. Combine a robust coupler with a common work tool inventory that can be shared between same size machines and you’ll get performance and flexibility on every job. The Cat Center‑Lock™ pin grabber coupler features a patented locking system and highly visible lock. You can clearly see when the coupler is engaged or disengaged from the attachment.
No matter your specialty, Caterpillar provides tools that are perfectly matched to get the most out of your Cat machine - quickly and efficiently. Field-installed hydraulic kits are uniquely designed to integrate any Cat work tool with your 320E.
Cat buckets are designed to fill efficiently so you notice a fast, smooth cycle, which means high productivity each time you dig. Wear characteristics of general duty, heavy duty, and severe duty buckets give you solid performance in a wide variety of material abrasions. Ditch cleaning and other specialty buckets are available when needed.
Solutions that make work easier and more efficient
This optional system combines traditional machine control and guidance with standard factory-installed and calibrated components, making the system ready to go to work the moment it leaves the factory. The system utilizes internal front linkage sensors - well protected from the harsh working environment - to give operators real-time bucket tip position information through the cab monitor (1), which minimizes the need and cost for traditional grade checking and improves job site safety. It also helps the operator complete jobs in fewer cycles, which means less fuel use. Cat dealers can upgrade the system to full three-dimensional control by adding proven Cat AccuGrade™ positioning technologies, including GPS and Universal Total Station (UTS).
This optional system is deeply integrated into the machine monitoring system and is designed to help customers improve their overall fleet management effectiveness. Events and diagnostic codes as well as hours, fuel consumption, idle time, machine location, and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application (2 and 3) called VisionLink™, which uses powerful tools to communicate to users and dealers.
Fast, easy and safe access built in
Wide service doors and a one-piece hood (1) provide easy access to the engine and cooling compartments. Both doors and hood feature enhanced hardware and a new screen design to help minimize debris entry.
The pump (2), radiator (3), and air cleaner compartments provide ample access to major components and regular service items like fuel and oil filters. The fresh air filter is located on the side of the cab to make it easy to reach and replace as needed. A tilt-up ATAAC and swing-out A/C condenser make cleaning cores a much easier task to perform.
The water separator with water level sensor has a primary fuel filter element located in the pump compartment near ground level. The electric priming pump is mounted before the primary filter base and is easy to service compared to a traditional hand-priming pump. The fuel tank features a remote drain cock located in the pump compartment to make it easy to remove water and sediment during maintenance. The engine oil check gauge is situated in front of the engine compartment for easy access, and a uniquely designed drain cock helps prevent spills. Hydraulic lash adjusters automatically adjust valve opening and closing events to help reduce fuel consumption and engine noise. They also eliminate the need for a valve lash, which reduces maintenance for the customer.
Features to help protect people
The ROPS-certified cab allows a Falling Object Guard Structure (FOGS) to be bolted directly to it.
Improved sealing and cab roof lining lower noise levels by 5 dB inside the cab - a significant benefit to operators.
The surface of the upper structure and the top of the storage box area are covered with anti-skid plates to help prevent service personnel and operators from slipping during maintenance.
Steps (1) on the track frame and storage box along with extended hand (2) and guard rails to the upper deck enable operators to securely work on the machine.
After the engine start key has been turned to the “OFF” position, lights will be illuminated to enhance visibility. The time delay can vary from 0 to 90 seconds, which can be set through the monitor.
Cab lights can be upgraded to HID for greater visibility.
Two windshield options are available: The 70/30 split configuration features an upper window equipped with handles on the top and both sides so the operator can slide it to store in the ceiling. The lower window is removable and can be stored on the left wall of the cab shell. The large skylight provides great overhead visibility, excellent natural lighting, and good ventilation. The skylight can be opened completely to become an emergency exit.
The machine’s advanced diagnostic system features a buzzer in the monitor to communicate to operators critical events like full filters or low hydraulic fluid levels so they can take immediate action.
The standard rearview camera (3) is housed in the counterweight. The image projects through the cab monitor to give the operator a clear view of what is behind the machine.
Complete Customer Care
Service you can count on
Cat dealers utilize a worldwide parts network to maximize your machines’ uptime. Plus they can help you save money with Cat remanufactured components.
What are the job requirements and machine attachments? What production is needed? Your Cat dealer can provide recommendations to help you make the right machine choices.
Consider financing options and day-to-day operating costs. Look at dealer services that can be included in the machine’s cost to yield lower owning and operating costs over time.
Cat dealers offer a variety of customer support agreements and work with you to develop a plan to meet your specific needs. These plans can cover the entire machine, including attachments, to help protect your investment.
Improving operating techniques can boost your profits. Your Cat dealer has videos, literature, and other ideas to help you increase productivity. Caterpillar also offers simulators and certified operator training to help maximize the return on your investment.
Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the cost involved so you can make the best choice for your business.
Generations ahead in every way
- The C6.6 ACERT engine, along with the Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM), meets U.S. Tier 4 Interim emission standards.
- The 320E has the flexibility of running on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less or biodiesel (B20) fuel blended with ULSD that meets ASTM 6751 or EN 14214 standards.
- Even when operating in high horsepower and high production applications, the 320E performs a similar amount of work as the previous D Series model with significantly reduced fuel consumption.
- The 320E is quieter inside and out, which benefits operators and the surrounding environment.
- An overfill indicator rises when the fuel tank is full to help the operator avoid spilling.
- The QuickEvac™ option ensures fast, easy, and secure changing of engine and hydraulic oil.
- The 320E is built to be rebuilt with major structures and components capable of being remanufactured to reduce waste and replacement costs.
- An eco-friendly engine oil filter eliminates the need for painted metal cans and aluminum top plates. The cartridge-style spin-on housing enables the internal filter to be separated and replaced; the used internal element can be incinerated to help reduce waste.
- The 320E is an efficient, productive machine that’s designed to conserve our natural resources for generations ahead.
Download Specalog Here