- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Cat C3.3B diesel engine (meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IIIB emission standards)
- Automatic engine idle
- Automatic engine shut-off
- Automatic two speed travel
- Diesel Particulate Filter (North America only)
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (North America only)
- Fuel and water separator
- Power on demand
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- 1-way and 2-way (combined function)
- Automatic swing parking brake
- Auxiliary hydraulic lines
- Adjustable auxiliary relief
- Auxiliary line quick disconnects
- Cat interlock system: hydraulic lockout
- Continuous auxiliary flow
- Ecology drain
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- High definition hydraulics
- Load sensing/flow sharing
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- 100% pilot control ergonomic joysticks
- Adjustable armrests
- Air conditioning/heat
- COMPASS: complete, operation, maintenance, performance and security system
- Multiple languages
- Cup holder
- High back suspension seat, heated
- Hydraulic neutral lockout bar
- Interior light
- Literature holder
- Pattern changer (optional in Europe)
- Radio (optional in Europe)
- Site reference system: leveling
- Tool storage area
- Travel control pedals with hand levers
- Washable floor mat
- Windshield wiper
- Dozer blade with float function
- Track, rubber belt, 450 mm (18 in) width
- Tie down eyes on track frame
- Towing eye on base frame
- FRONT LINKAGE
- 180 degree bucket rotation
- Certified lifting eye on bucket linkage (optional in Europe)
- Front shovel capable
- Thumb ready stick
- 12 volt electrical system
- 60 ampere alternator
- 650 CCA maintenance free battery
- Fuse box
- Ignition key start/stop switch
- Slow blow fuse
- Warning horn
- LIGHTS AND MIRRORS
- Cab and boom light with time delay capability
- Mirror, rear view, cab left
- SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Anti-theft system (COMPASS)
- Caterpillar Corporate “One Key” System
- Door locks
- Lockable fuel cap
- Rearview camera
- Retractable seat belt
- Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) (ISO 12117-2)
- Tip Over Protective Structure (TOPS) (ISO 12117)
- Top guard – ISO 10262 (Level II)
- Travel alarm (optional in Europe)
- Engine block heater
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Quick coupler lines
- Boom lowering check valve (Standard on VAB configuration.)
- Stick lowering check valve (Standard on VAB configuration.)
- Secondary auxiliary hydraulic lines (Standard on VAB configuration.)
- Blade, weld on
- Track, triple grouser (steel), 450 mm (18 in)
- Track, triple grouser (steel) with rubber pad, 450 mm (18 in)
- Track, triple grouser (steel), 600 mm (24 in)
- FRONT LINKAGE
- Quick coupler: manual or hydraulic
- Full range of performance matched work tools
- Auger, hammer, shear, ripper
- LIGHTS AND MIRRORS
- Mirror, cab rear
- SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Battery disconnect
- Front wire mesh guard
- Front steel plate guard
- Rain guard
- Product Link™
- OTHER ATTACHMENTS
- Counterweight, extra, 1121 kg (2,493 lb) (Standard on VAB configuration.)
Service Refill Capacities
Work in the tightest spaces.
The compact radius design gives greater machine versatility and the capability to work within confined areas. The radius of the upper body stays within 280 mm (11 in) of the undercarriage providing flexibility for different work site applications with a reduced risk of damage and less stress for the operator. This allows the operator to concentrate on the work being done without having to worry about damaging the back of the machine or other job site obstacles.
Superior comfort to keep you productive throughout the work day.
Spacious and comfortable operator station with excellent visibility and legroom keeps the operator comfortable and helps reduce fatigue. All hydraulic functions are fully pilot operated, lowering owning and operating costs and resulting in less downtime. The operator station also features:
- Heated, air suspension seat
- COMPASS display panel
- Ergonomic joysticks
- Dynamic operator sound pressure 70 dB(A) ISO 6396
- Average exterior sound pressure 99 dB(A) ISO 6395 - dynamic test
COMPASS Control Panel
Complete, Operational, Maintenance, Performance and Security System.
UNLOCK the new features and experience the value of the exclusive COMPASS control panel on the Cat E Series compact excavators
The COMPASS control panel on the Cat E Series mini hydraulic excavators was specifically designed by Caterpillar for compact excavators. It adds several new features to the machines increasing the amount of customer value. All of the following features are now standard on all E Series models. Complete - All of the control panel features are standard on all E Series models Operation - Simple operation of the pattern changer, hydraulic quick coupler and fuel gauge visibility all at the push of a button Maintenance - Maintenance intervals, diagnostics and work hours Performance - Maintain optimum performance levels with Eco mode and adjustable work tool flow features And Security - Anti theft device with individual user and master passwords System - Ergonomically designed control panel
A standard anti-theft device now comes on every E Series compact excavator. A five digit alphanumeric password is required to start the machine when the anti-theft feature is enabled. There is a master password and up to five user passwords can be created by the owner if desired. Keep your machine safe on a busy job site by locking it when you are not around.
The E Series machines now have simple adjustability of the flow going down the boom and stick to the work tool. Both the standard main line and optional secondary auxiliary hydraulics can be adjusted on a scale of 1-15 through a few buttons on the control panel. Adjust the flow to your different tools with a simple push of a button.
This feature allows your machine to be set in a more economical power setting with a simple push of a button. While operating in this mode, the machine will maintain excellent performance levels while saving fuel through a slightly lower engine setting. Save money with the E Series compact excavators.
Once this feature is enabled through a button on the monitor, the E Series machines can run in continuous flow mode. With the auxiliary hydraulics on the right hand joystick, just hold the roller switch at the desired flow rate and direction for 2.5 seconds and the machine will maintain that flow rate until it is turned off. Maintain hydraulic flow to your tools at any flow and in any direction with the simple push of a button.
Change the operating pattern between excavator and backhoe with a simple press of a button from the comfort of the cab. Exclusive push button pattern changer is safe and easy. (Not available in all regions.)
Easily keep track of various maintenance and performance parameters of your machine. Reset the maintenance intervals and ensure the machine is receiving proper care maximizing the life of the machine.
Performance and Controllability
Powerful digging combined with smooth responsive control.
High digging forces that provide power through even the most compacted ground, coupled with direct, smooth control through responsive hydraulics, ensure that the Cat 308E2 CR SB delivers the high productivity that customers demand.
The Cat 308E2 CR SB front linkage has been perfectly balanced with the hydraulics to deliver the high level of control required for fine grading and landscaping applications.
- Automatic two speed function improves job site maneuverability by balancing high speed travel requirements and control.
- Joystick mounted auxiliary control enhances machine controllability. The intuitive controls give fine modulation.
- Auxiliary lines including quick connectors are fitted as standard, meaning the Cat 308E2 CR SB comes ready to work.
- Optional boom and stick lowering check valve includes integral overload warning device.
- Delivers fuel savings, efficiency, controllability and precision.
- Industry leading variable displacement, load sensing, flow sharing system.
To meet the diverse needs of today’s customer, the 308E2 CR SB has high level lift capacity and outstanding stability - all in a compact radius design to provide on site versatility to get the job done.
Depending on the customers application, the Cat 308E2 CR SB has three different track options to choose from, allowing the correct machine configuration to suit the job.
Provides the lowest ground disturbance of all track options with excellent traction in conditions that are soft underfoot. The standard track offering is 450 mm (17.7 in) width.
Good for demolition and heavy duty applications. A triple grouser track is available in two width options: 450 mm (17.7 in) and 600 mm (23.6 in).
The 450 mm (17.7 in) wide shoe has four holes to attach the rubber pads to the steel track shoes. This option prevents damage to paved road surfaces and minimizes noise and vibration during travel while providing maximum stability.
The dozer blade is an important and useful tool for the Hydraulic Mini Excavator used for backfilling trenches, levelling, landscaping and site clean up. There are two blade width options available to accommodate the differences in track widths. The blade comes standard with a replaceable weld-on dozer cutting edge constructed of hardened steel for longer life.
Large oval tie down points are located in two positions on the undercarriage for easy and safe machine tie down for transportation.
Engine and Serviceability
Superior power with easy access and minimal maintenance requirements keep you working.
The Cat C3.3B electronic engine delivers clean, quiet operation with superior power and fuel efficiency while meeting U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IIIB emission standards.
Convenient service features make maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Lifting side hood allows access to air filter, main implement valve, 1-way/2-way auxiliary flow selector, accumulator, fuel filter and hydraulic tank. This eliminates the need to lift the cab when maintaining and servicing the machine.
- Swing open door provides access to major components and service points including engine oil check and fill, vertically mounted engine oil filter, starter motor and alternator.
- S·O·SSM oil sampling valve allows easy sampling of the hydraulic fluid for preventative maintenance.
- The 308E2 CR SB is Product Link™ ready and the Cat Product Link system simplifies equipment fleet tracking. Using satellite or cellular technology, the system automatically reports information such as location, machine hours, active and logged service codes and security alarms.
Do as much work in Eco Mode as standard mode while burning less fuel in most applications.
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs
- Unmatched parts availability keeps you working
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit www.cat.com
Matched to meet your application needs.
A wide range of Cat Work Tools have been designed specifically to get the best out of your machine and deliver excellent value through high productivity and long life. Available work tools include:
- Buckets (heavy duty and heavy duty capacity)
- Tilting and Swing Ditch Cleaning Buckets
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Vibratory Compactors
- Dual Lock Mechanical Coupler
- Dual Lock Hydraulic Coupler
Download Specalog Here