- Optional Equipment
- UVR trip circuit breaker
- Hydraulically adjustable cab assembly
- Motor RPM monitoring
- Quick-attach 5 m3/175 ft3 utility bucket
- Quick-attach lift plate
- 1830 mm (72 in) or 2130 mm (84 in) forged fork assembly
- 20 400 kg (45,000 lb), hydraulic, variable-speed winch
- Cat control stick
The Clean Air Act
Cat battery-powered roof support carriers do not burden your mine’s ventilation with emissions or heat. Due to infinitely variable power control, they are the ideal vehicle for the installation or removal of longwall roof supports where heat, emissions and noise would impact work and where a flexible vehicle is needed.
As the world leader in battery-powered vehicles and longwall systems for the underground mining industry, we take pride in providing the world’s most advanced battery-powered roof support carriers. Innovative solutions in power control and transmission contribute to utilizing battery power to the max.
The Power You Need
A combination of Cat battery- and diesel-powered vehicles can offer the ideal solution for longwall installations and moves. Battery-powered roof support carriers can position or remove roof supports from old and new faces.
The operator benefits from their superior versatility, tight cornering, tractive effort control and maneuverability on uneven ground. Battery-powered vehicles do not negatively impact the working environment with emissions or noise.
Battery Power for Versatility
Cat battery-powered roof support carriers make longwall face moves simpler and less costly. The specially engineered ultra-heavy-duty vehicle range builds on the knowledge of many years of operational experience.
The electric drive concept gives operators the best control of power and maximum torque capabilities at low speeds. Zero emission of noxious gases and low emissions of heat and noise make the carrier range operator-friendly and easy to work with. They are the ideal utility vehicle for longwall moves.
Stability and Traction
Cat roof support carriers have a tri-sectional chassis with dual motors located near the axles. The rear drive axle and the battery lift are incorporated into a single oscillating entity at the rear.
This gives the carrier extra stability, even when handling loads equal to the empty vehicle weight. As load motion is independent of the rear frame, this design provides extra load handling stability, especially on uneven ground or while maneuvering and positioning roof supports. It also improves traction, as wheels remain in contact with the ground with the weight of the battery over them.
Caterpillar has developed unparalleled experience and expertise in the design of batteries and battery changing systems. Current 2000 Ah batteries enable maximum performance at peak loads as well as lasting performance throughout the shift.
Battery capacities and vehicle designs are field-proven and are adapted to actual work schedules and longwall move experience. The Cat East Penn battery is built for the long run, providing the lowest cost of ownership in the industry. Specially formulated premium-grade lead oxide is used in the flat plate design and each plate is individually formed prior to cell assembly. This ensures uniform performance and maximization of amp-hour capacity. State-of-the-art computerized equipment is utilized in every phase of the production process and stringent quality checks are made on each battery to ensure the highest level of performance.
Maximum Battery Efficiency
The Cat IGBT control makes the most of battery power.
It translates to variable speed and tractive effort at the varying intervals. This allows battery power to be controlled with maximum precision and efficiency.
The latest Caterpillar innovation is the HiPAC 10 VFD control system, which drives the motive traction and hydraulic systems and provides the operator with machine management information. The HiPAC 10 is a DC-to-AC variable frequency inverter control that drives high-performance AC electric motors, which have superior speed-torque characteristics.
It is up to 14% more efficient than traditional DC motors. This means higher loaded tram speeds, more responsive hydraulic functions and more material hauled per battery charge. The HiPAC 10 machine management system speeds fault diagnosis, allowing rapid repairs and maximizing uptime. The new user interface can display information such as drive unit temperatures and distance traveled per battery charge. The optional Cat control stick gives the operator intuitive control over steering and other functions. It also gives quick access to monitoring and self-diagnosis of the vehicle’s functions.
RAS - Rapid Attachment System
The Rapid Attachment System available for the CL10 and CL15 makes an accessory change a one-man operation, allowing a broad range of accessories to be fitted in moments without removing the backing plate. Utilizing the LHD with RAS attachments during longwall relocations can greatly reduce lost production time.
Each attachment is tested and performance rated.
- Ejector plate bucket
- Side shift forks
- AFC chain reeler
- Belt reeler
- Cable reeler
- Jib crane [static and slewing]
- Work baskets
- Fuel and lubrication module
- Materials pod system
- Concrete hopper
• Lift and Carry Capacity*: - Without Ballast: 80 tonnes (90 tons) at 1575 mm (62 in). *Capacities based on 55×33 solid tires.
- Tram Motor: - Four proprietary design, mine traction, gear motors rated at 74 kW (100 hp), one hour rating (298 kW [100 hp] total), VFD driven, 140V AC; MSHA totally enclosed explosion proof; non-ventilated cooling; foot mounted. Two motors are front frame mounted driving the front axle. Two motors are mid-frame mounted driving the rear axle.
- Drive Lines: - 1350 NCV Drive-lines Series shafts
- Axles: - Front and rear rigid mounted outboard planetary axles with dual inputs, wet disc spring applied, hydraulically released brakes and hydraulically actuated Diff-Lock - Motor overspeed protections are inherent to the AC drive package.
• Four wheel Service/Parking Brakes: - SAHR - Forced oil cooled - Left pedal activated - Reverse modulating control valve - Manual wear indication
- Pump Motor: - Mine duty, laminated frame, VFD driven motor rated at 75 kW (100 hp) for 1 hour; 140V AC; MSHA totally enclosed explosion proof; non-ventilated cooling.
- Pump: - Pressure Compensated, Load Sense 151 L/min (40 gpm)
- Filtration: - Standard: Three pressure filters; one 25 micron filter on the main hydraulic circuit, one 10 micron filter on the accumulator circuit, and one 10 micron filter on the pilot valve circuit. One tank mounted 25 micron return filter, and 10 micron fluid port filters on key control circuits.
- Reservoir: - A 246 L (65 gal) capacity, weld in reservoir equipped with a spin-on filter/breather.
- Reservoir Fill System: - Venturi Jet refill system located on opposite side from operator on the middle frame that allows refilling of reservoir through the return line oil filter.
- Valve Bank: - Seven section, pilot operated, parallel type with internal relief and a dash mounted, glycerin filled pressure gauge.
- Hydraulic PTO: - Two (2) quick coupler connections, 17.6 mPa (2,550 psi) maximum recommended operating pressure.
- Tilt Lift Cylinder: - Two (2) 267 mm (10.5 in) bore, double acting cylinders with load locking valves.
- Bell-Crank Lift Cylinder: - Two (2) 216 mm (8.5 in) bore, double acting cylinders with load locking valves.
- Steering Cylinder: - Two (2) 152 mm (6 in) bore, double acting cylinders with dual relief setting at 22 mPa (3,200 psi).
- Battery Changer Cylinders: - Lift: Two (2) 152 mm (6 in) bore, double acting cylinders with load locking valves. - Tilt: Two (2) 178 mm (7 in) bore, double acting cylinders with load locking valves.
- Standard Load Lift: - A combination bell crank arm and bell crank lifting cylinder for vertical lifting and tilting cylinders for tilt lifting of a universal load lift frame that is provided as standard equipment. Heavy duty forged alloy steel forks, 152 mm × 406 mm × 2134 mm (6 in × 16 in × 84 in), are standard for 80 tonne (90 ton) lift capability.
- Winch: - A fully hydraulic operated, 45 300 kg (100,000 lb) winch, with variable speed pay in/out. Heavy duty fabricated steel drum.
- Winch Rope Assembly: - 35 mm (13⁄8 in) Kevlar armored, synthetic rope with connection link and swivel hook
- Tri-Section Frame: - The tri-section frame design featuring multiple plate, modular construction for maximum strength and structural integrity and the design produces a maximum of stability while maneuvering with a heavy load. All high stressed areas are manufactured with T1 steel.
- Center Section: - Center section is designed with hardened 152 mm (6 in) diameter pivot pins and spherical bearings to provide maximum load transfer and long component life. Entire center section area manufactured with T1 steel.
- Oscillation Section: - A 1194 mm (47 in) diameter bearing with 31.75 mm (11⁄4 in) diameter rolling elements provides 20 degrees of oscillation.
- Battery Change System: - Hydraulically operated, bell-crank, with vertical lift and tilt battery lift to allow facilitated loading of battery with the battery on opposing grades to the machines orientation and to enhance the vehicles departure angle for negotiating undulating bottom conditions. The battery/battery tray assembly can be further raised to increase the rear approach clearance up to 610 mm (24 in).
- Side Egress Access
- Left hand steering with control stick with the following functions: - Pump motor start/stop - Park brake release/set - Directional headlights - Tram direction - Stop
- Panic Strip Switch: de-energizes the electrical system and applies the automatic park brake
- Dash Mounted Glycerin Filled Hydraulic Gauges for accumulator, system pressure and emergency brake
- Warning Gong
- Right Hand Tilt-Lift Control Lever
- Hydraulic PTO Control Lever
- Battery Changer Control Lever
- Hydraulic Circuit Breaker Reset Control
- Emergency/Park Brake Release Hand Pump
- Right Foot Accelerator Pedal
- Left Foot Brake Pedal
- Two Parts Manuals
- Two Operation and Preventive Maintenance Manuals
- Two Electrical Troubleshooting Guides
- Two Battery Maintenance Manuals
- Two Battery Maintenance Charts
- One LinkOne CD includes all above manuals in electronic format
• JIC fittings with 34 473 kPa (5,000 psi) Hosing; MSHA 2G flame resistant approved
• Modular design, microprocessor controlled IGBT, contactorless, variable frequency drive (VFD), 140V AC, 3,200 amp total, traction motor controllers, with infinitely variable, step less, machine speed control, equipped with advanced on-board dashboard display for machine information of battery capacity, battery voltage, motor currents, elapsed time hour meter, distance traveled per battery charge cycle and troubleshooting diagnostics information. - Tram and Pump motors with RTD monitoring. Temperature data recording provided to aid in motor protections and preventative maintenance. - Park Brake/Tram Inhibit Installation Kit providing brake system pressure monitoring to limit the potential to tram through parking brakes.
- Magnetic, UVR Trip: controller enclosure equipped with UVR trip circuit breaker rated mine duty 800 amp frame, 600V.
- Standard Cab mounted breaker reset using a single high capacity, swivel end style push/pull cable. A manual control handle is mounted within the confines of the operator’s compartment.
- Manual Adjustable Cab Assembly: MSHA certified cab, formed support plate, access handles, completely enclosed grid and dual corner opening doors.
- Hydraulically Adjustable Cab Assembly: MSHA certified cab, formed support plate, access handles, completely enclosed grid and dual corner opening doors.
- Fixed height 508 mm (20 in) Cab Assembly: MSHA certified cab, formed support plate, access handles, completely enclosed grid and dual corner opening doors.
• Automatic, ANSUL, eight point fire suppression system with (2) 20# suppressant canisters. NPT (2) wire braid, MSHA 2G hose with NPT fittings. One 20# Canister Hand Held unit. The system is designed within the guidelines published by the manufacturer.
- Fork Assembly: 2134 mm (84 in); Overall Length: set of 2134 mm (84 in) overall length up-set forged forks designed to lift and carry 80 tonnes (90 tons) at 1575 mm (62 in) from the load lift plate mounted to the machine.
- Quick Attach Lift Plate: 2134 mm (84 in) (fork assembly required); designed to lift and carry 80 tonnes (90 tons) at 1575 mm (62 in) from the face of the load lift frame. The plate mounts directly to the 2134 mm (84 in) forks through two parallel pockets and is held in place with two drop pins chained to the lift plate.
• Halogen, 12V DC, 50 watt: two 12V quartz halogen front headlights with protective guard, and two rear headlights with protective guard that moves up and down with the battery lift system.
• Machine is equipped with two J&R 7000, 5-pole brass plugs wired in parallel, each with a captive wrench to install or remove the battery plugs. Each battery plug is rated at 600 amps.
- Cable Guide Assembly (standard)
- Reflector Installation: additional reflectors mounted in strategic locations on the machine (standard)
- Pressure Switch Kit, Intrinsically Safe: electric/hydraulic system to shutdown the tram motors in the event of low hydraulic system pressure
- Shroeder Testmate with JIC fittings
- Power Disconnect Switch (required in PA)
- Optional Reinforced Fork Plate per special requirements.
- Battery Tray: One Required for Each Battery Assembly; heavy duty welded steel battery trays for use with 1,820 amp hour battery assemblies.
- Park Brake/Tram Inhibit Installation Kit providing brake system pressure monitoring to limit the potential to tram through parking brakes (standard).
- Hydraulic Easy Test Kit providing for the ability to monitor the hydraulic system.
- In line Flow Meter monitoring of the tandem hydraulic pump outputs. Provides the addition of two analogue gauges in the hydraulic bay.
- Tilt Cylinder Protection Kit consisting of two, hinged, heavy duty steel plates protecting the Tilt Cylinder Rods.
- Shield Deflector/Cage Protector consisting of a frame mounted supported structure, 25.4 mm (1 in) higher than the Canopy at maximum height. Allowing protection for the Canopy and Cage assembly forming the operator’s cab.
- Addition of two, 36 tonne (40 ton) tow hooks to the fork frame (standard).
- PIR Disconnect Kit required for PA approval.
• Battery, 140ss-140-27, 1,820 amp/hour 240V, with slide latch and clip shrouds: dual tray battery assembly with slide latch locking devices on the battery lids and clip-on insulating shrouds on the internal cell connections.
• Dual outlet for two batteries
Download Specalog Here