- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- 12V Power Supply In Cab
- Alternator, 95-amp
- Auxiliary Start Receptacle
- Battery Disconnect Switch, Ground Level
- Circuit Breaker, 80-amp
- Corrosive Protection Spray
- Diagnostic Connector
- Electric Starting, 24-volt
- Engine Shutdown Switch, Ground Level: – Front Left Hand Side
- Lighting: – Brake and Tail Light, LED – Headlights with Dimmer Switch, Halogen – Rear Work Light (Cab Mounted), Halogen – Reversing Lights, Halogen
- Low Maintenance Batteries
- Reversing Alarm
- Starting and Charging System
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Cat Electronic Monitoring System (Cat EMS)
- Electric Horns
- Gauges: – Engine Coolant Temperature – Transmission Coolant Temperature – Hydraulic Oil Temperature – Fuel Level – Speedometer – Tachometer
- Indicator Lights: – Alert Warning Light – Body Up Position Warning – Brake Drag Indicator – High Beam – Residual Brake Pressure Warning – Retarder Application – Turn Signal
- Low Hydraulic Level Warning
- Operators Station ROPS/FOPS Enclosed: – Air Conditioning and Heater – Cab Pressurizer and Filter – Dome Light – Radio Ready Compartment for Radio and Speakers – Storage Compartment – Window, Sliding Cab Door – Windshield Wiper and Washer
- Operator Presence System (Auto Park Brake)
- Rearview Mirrors
- Suspension Seat Cat Comfort TLV2 Air with Retractable Seat Belt
- Trainer/Passenger Seat and Seat Belt
- Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Turn Signal Indicators
- POWER TRAIN
- Cat C27 ATAAC Diesel Engine, 12 Cylinder
- Automatic Brake Retarder Control
- Auto Shift Transmission 7 Speed Forward/ 1 Speed Reverse
- Control Throttle Shifting
- Engine Air Intake Precleaner
- Electric Fuel Priming Pump
- Exhaust, Turbo Compartment Shielding
- Four Wheel Drive
- Long Life Coolant
- Programmable Ground Speed Limiting
- Programmable Gear Blockout with Tray Up
- Radiator Cap Manual Release
- Radiator, Cross Flow
- Remote Transmission Hydraulic Oil Cooler
- SAFR™ Full Hydraulic Enclosed Wet, Multiple-Disc Brakes, Oil Cooled
- Torque Converter, Standard with Automatic Lockup
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Body, Dump (26.9 m3/35.2 yd3)
- Catalytic Exhaust Purifier/Muffler Group
- Centralized Lubrication Points
- Decals, International Picto Graphics
- Dual Fuel Tanks
- Engine and Transmission Belly Guards
- Fenders, Front, Rear Flaps
- Fire Wall
- Front Axle Suspension
- Frame Lifting Lugs
- Front and Rear Tow Pin
- Front Rubber Bumpers
- Fuel System Manual Shut Off Tap
- Hand Hold (Access On/Off Top Deck)
- Hitch, Articulated and Oscillated
- Operator and Maintenance Manual, English
- Secondary Steering System
- S·O·S port: – Coolant – Engine Oil – Hydraulic Oil – Transmission Oil
- Swing Out Radiator Grill
- TPMS (Truck Payload Measurement System), Dump Body Only
- Technology: – Vital Information Management System (VIMS) Gen 3
- Ventilated Hood and Covers
- Tires and Rims: A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section of the machine price list. Base machine price includes a standard tubeless rim allowance only.
- Battery Shutdown
- Ground Level Isolation, In Cab Isolation Switch
- Ground Level Isolation, Engine Shutdown Switch
- Ground Level Isolation, In Cab Isolation, Engine Shutdown Switch
- Body Dump
- Body, (32.6 m3/42.6 yd3)
- Body, (33.8 m3/44.2 yd3)
- Body, (36.6 m3/47.9 yd3)
- Body Ejector
- Ejector, (26.9 m3/35.2 yd3)
- Ejector, (29.4 m3/38.5 yd3)
- Body Liners, Impact and/or Wear
- 10 mm, Body, Dump (26.9 m3/35.2 yd3)
- 10 mm, Body, Dump (32.6 m3/42.6 yd3)
- 10 mm, Body, Dump (33.8 m3/44.2 yd3)
- 10 mm, Body, Dump (36.6 m3/47.9 yd3)
- Body Wear Plate, External
- 8 mm, Body, Dump (26.9 m3/35.2 yd3)
- 8 mm, Body, Dump (32.6 m3/42.6 yd3)
- 8 mm, Body, Dump (33.8 m3/44.2 yd3)
- 8 mm, Body, Dump (36.6 m3/47.9 yd3)
- Brake Pressure Gauges
- Camera, Color Rear Facing
- Cover, Anti Vandalism for Shipping
- Engine Options
- Diesel Particulate Filter
- Fast Fill System
- Engine Oil
- Fuel (Dual Tanks)
- Hydraulic Oil
- Transmission Oil
- Fire Suppression System
- Ansul, Dry Powder
- Foam, Water Based
- Arctic Fuel
- Arctic Coolant
- Headlights with Dimmer Switch, LED
- Rear Work Light (Cab Mounted), LED
- Reversing Lights, LED
- Lubrication System
- Automatic, Dump or Ejector Body
- Operator Station
- Air Conditioner Diverter Duct
- Sun Visor
- Operator and Maintenance Manual
- Park Brake Switch Engagement
- Push to Apply
- Pull to Apply
- Remote Display for TPMS
- Reflective Tape
- Rim Identification Numbering
- Spare, Tubeless
- Seat Cover
- Tee and Cat Comfort TLV2
- Seat Cover, Companion
- Secondary Steering System
- Service Tools
- Collet Jacking Bolts, Dump or Ejector
- Diagnostics Box
- Hoist Cylinder Supports (for Body Removal)
- Brake Wear Gauge
- Reference Parts Manual for Additional Tooling Available
- Idle Timer
- Tire Arrangements
- Tire, 35/65 R33 VSNT Bridgestone
- Tire, 35/65 R33 VSDL Bridgestone
- NOTE: Not all features are available in all regions.
- See your Cat dealer for more information.
Service Refill Capacities
Power Train - Engine
The Cat C27 engine is built for power, reliability and efficiency.
The Cat C27 achieves emissions equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 2 and EU Stage ll standards. It delivers higher power and greater durability for maximum hauling performance in the most demanding mining applications. Complete system integration of the engine and transmission optimizes performance and efficiency.
The 21.8% power increase over previous models provides unequalled lugging force during acceleration and less down-shifting on grade. Improved software and updates in engine technology further improve transmission shifting and decrease fuel consumption.
Air-to-air aftercooling provides improved fuel economy by packing cooler, denser air into cylinders for more complete combustion of fuel and lower emissions.
The electronically controlled unit injection fuel system senses operating conditions and regulates fuel delivery for optimum fuel efficiency. The proven high-pressure fuel system provides improved response times and more efficient fuel burn with lower emissions and less smoke.
ECM utilizes advanced engine management software to monitor, control and protect the engine utilizing self-diagnosing electronic sensors. The computerized system senses operating conditions and power requirements and adjusts engine for peak performance and most efficient operation at all times.
Caterpillar designed one-piece cast iron block provides maximum strength and durability. Two-piece articulated pistons with forged steel crowns are designed to withstand higher cylinder pressure.
Power Train - Transmission
More power to the ground for greater productivity.
The Cat mechanical drive power train and power shift transmission provide unmatched operating efficiency and control on steep grades, in poor underfoot conditions, and on haul roads and drives with high rolling resistance.
The Cat seven-speed planetary power shift transmission is matched with the direct-injection C27 engine with ACERT Technology to deliver constant power over a wide range of operating speeds. Individual clutch modulation provides smooth clutch engagements to optimize performance and extend clutch life.
Combines maximum rimpull and cushioned shifting of torque converter drive with the efficiency and performance of direct drive. When engaged, lock-up provides superior power train efficiency by delivering more power to the wheels.
Quickly releases and re-engages to reduce power train torque loads for smoother shifting, long life and a more comfortable ride.
Increases cooling capacity in the transmission oil circuit to ensure optimal performance on long, uphill loaded hauls.
Engine/Power Train Integration
Intelligent electronics for overall optimal performance.
Electronically integrates machine computer systems to optimize overall power train performance, increase reliability and component life, and reduce operating costs.
- Controlled Throttle Shifting - Regulates engine RPM, torque converter lock-up and transmission clutch engagement for smoother shifts and longer component life.
- Economy Shift Mode - Decreases fuel consumption, lowers noise levels and potentially longer engine life.
- Directional Shift Management - Regulates engine speed to prevent damage caused by high speed directional changes.
- Body-up Shift Inhibitor - Prevents the transmission from shifting above a pre-programmed gear without the body fully lowered.
Cat ET service tool provides service technicians with easy access to stored diagnostic data through Cat Data Link to simplify problem diagnosis and increase availability.
The Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) system provides engine overspeed protection. The ARC will engage the brakes if the following conditions exist at the same time:
- An unsafe engine speed is reached.
- The ARC on/off switch is in the ON position or the OFF position.
- The throttle is being depressed by the operator. If the transmission is in top gear, the lockup clutch is deactivated in order to protect the engine against an engine overspeed condition.
Cat Brake System
Superior control for operator confidence.
The Cat oil-cooled braking system delivers reliable performance and control in the most extreme underground mining conditions. The integrated system combines the service, secondary, parking brake and retarding functions in the same robust system for optimum braking efficiency.
Four-wheel, forced oil-cooled, multiple disc service brakes are continuously cooled by a water-to-oil heat exchangers for non-fade braking and retarding performance. They are also completely enclosed to prevent contamination and reduce maintenance.
Electronically controls retarding on grade to maintain optimum engine RPM and oil cooling. Additional braking may be applied using the manual retarder or the brake pedal. ARC also allows the operator to maintain optimum engine speeds for faster downhill hauls and greater productivity. The ARC automatically activates when engine speed exceeds factory preset levels.
Automatic brake modulation offers a smoother ride and greater control, allowing the operator to concentrate on driving.
Ergonomically designed for all-day comfort, control and productivity.
The AD60 operator station is ergonomically designed for total machine control in a comfortable, productive and safe environment. All controls, levers, switches and gauges are positioned to maximize productivity and minimize operator fatigue.
Integral to the cab and frame, both the Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) and Falling Objects Protective Structure (FOPS) are resiliently mounted to the mainframe to isolate the operator from vibration for a more comfortable ride.
Standard sound-suppressed ROPS cab provides a quiet, secure and comfortable air-conditioned working environment with fresh, pressurized, temperature-controlled air circulation.
Ergonomic, fully adjustable suspension seat provides optimal operator comfort. Designed to minimize vertical and lateral motion of the operator. Thick cushions reduce pressure on lower back and thighs. Wide, retractable seat belts provide a secure, comfortable restraint.
Comfort wheel with tilt steering provides a comfortable driving position, secure grip and greater control.
Cat Electronic Monitoring System (Cat EMS) continuously provides critical machine data to keep the machine performing at top production levels. Displays are backlit for easy viewing.
Truck Body Systems
Rugged performance and reliability in tough underground mining applications.
Cat truck bodies are designed for optimal strength, capacity, durability and low cost per ton.
Caterpillar has two body styles to meet your application:
- Dump Body
- Ejector Body
Selection of the right body depends on material, haul road, and dump conditions. The better the match of body to application, the greater the efficiency. Its diverging flow design gives clean load ejection, which maximizes production and avoids material carryback.
Cat truck bodies are designed and matched with the integrated chassis system for optimum structural reliability, durability and long life.
Single-stage hoist cylinders provide fast dump cycle times of 12 seconds for raise and 24 seconds for lower.
The standard TPMS system calculates the payload the truck is carrying and determines truck cycle times.
Rugged Cat structures - the backbone of the AD60’s durability.
The frame uses box-section design with stiff frame beams to resist twisting forces giving it a longer structural life.
This system provides steering and oscillation and enables the truck to maintain all wheel ground contact in rough terrain.
More time for production.
Easy access to daily service points allows convenient servicing to tanks, filters, lubrication points, compartment drains and sight gauges for quick fluid level checks. Electric fuel priming capability and remote mounted fuel filters to save time during maintenance operations.
Electronic control system enables quick diagnosis of engine conditions and effective maintenance and repairs utilizing the Cat ET Service Tool.
S·O·SSM helps avoid minor repairs becoming major ones. Sample point adaptors fitted standard to machine.
Makes fluid level checks quick and easy. These include the hydraulic, transmission and coolant reservoirs.
Cat dealer services keep underground mining equipment productive.
Cat dealers will provide the level of support you need, on a global scale. Dealer expert technicians have the knowledge, experience, training and tooling to handle your repair and maintenance needs. They offer 24/7 product support via a worldwide network of reliable and prompt parts distribution facilities, dealer service centers, and technical training facilities to keep your equipment up and running.
Cat equipment is designed and built to provide maximum productivity and operating economy throughout its working life. Cat dealers offer a wide range of service plans that will maximize return on your investment, including:
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Diagnostic Programs, such as Scheduled Oil Sampling and Technical Analysis
- Rebuild and Reman Options
- Customer Support Agreements
Cat dealers offer a range of advanced technology products designed to improve efficiency, productivity and lower costs. The standard VIMS™ Gen 3 system enables your equipment to provide detailed data about its own health and working conditions by monitoring key temperatures, pressures, and more.
Your Cat dealer can arrange operator training to improve productivity, decrease downtime, reduce operating costs and enhance safety.
Designed with safety as the first priority.
Caterpillar has been and continues to be proactive in developing mining machines that meet or exceed safety standards. Safety is an integral part of all machine and systems designs.
A secondary engine shutoff switch is located at ground level.
Integral to the cab and frame, the ROPS is resiliently mounted to the frame to isolate the operator from vibration for a more comfortable ride.
Four corner oil-cooled braking system provides excellent control. The service brakes and retarding system are actuated by modulated hydraulic pressure, while the parking brake function is spring applied and hydraulic released. This system assures braking in the event of loss of hydraulic pressure.
The Operator Present System helps to protect the machine and operator from uncontrolled movements. The system automatically engages the parking brake, neutralizes the steering, implement and transmission control, and shuts down the engine in the event operator fails to apply the park brake prior to exiting the cab. The engine shutdown configuration can be changed by your Cat dealer using the Cat ET service tool.
Anti-skid upper deck surfaces, upper deck handrails, 3-point cabin and machine access, push out safety glass, excellent visibility, suspension seat, passenger/training seat, inertia reel retractable belts, steering frame lock, rear window guard, body retaining pins, automatic retarder control, exhaust heat shielding and firewall fitted standard, hitch hydraulic hoses - burst protection sleeves fitted, tailgate retaining pins (ejector body), alternate exit via windows, ground level compartment sight glasses, hot and cold side of engine.
For more complete information on safety, please visit http://safety.cat.com.
Download Specalog Here