- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Accessory Power Converter (APC)
- Alarm, Backup
- Batteries, Heavy Duty
- Converter, 24V to 12V, 10 Amp
- Heater, Engine Coolant, 120V
- Horn, Forward Warning
- Product Link
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air Suspension Seat
- Armrest, Adjustable
- Bidirectional Shift Switch
- Center Post Cab, ROPS/FOPS
- Continuously Variable Speed Control
- Differential Steering
- Electro-Hydraulic Controls
- Electronic Monitoring System
- Foot Supports, Dash
- Hour Meter, Electronic
- Machine Isolation, Operator Not Present
- Mirror, Rearview
- Modular HVAC, Cab Mounted
- Radio Ready, 12V
- Seat Belt, Retractable 76 mm (3")
- Speed Recall Button
- Throttle Dial, Electronic
- Tilt Cab and Tilt Cab Jack
- Travel Control Pedal
- Wipers, Intermittent
- POWER TRAIN
- Air Cleaner, Precleaner with Strata Tube Dust Ejector
- C9.3 ACERT Engine
- EPA/ARB Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB/Japan MLIT Step 4 Certified Engine and Aftertreatment
- Continuously Variable Speed Transmission
- Coolant, Extended Life
- Drains, Ecology, Power Train
- Electronic Air Cleaner Service Indicator
- Fan, Hydraulically Driven Demand
- Final Drives, Double Reduction
- Fuel Priming Pump, Electronic
- Parking Brake, Electronic
- Starting Aid, Ether
- Turbocharger, Wastegated
- Water Separator
- Heavy Duty Track (660 mm/26" MS)
- Heavy Duty Track (914 mm/36" MS)
- Guards, End Track Guiding
- Idler Guards
- Master Link
- Rollers and Idlers, Lifetime Lubricated
- Sprocket Rim Segments, Replaceable
- Track Adjusters, Gas Spring Recoil, Grease Track Adjust
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- CD ROM Parts Book
- Engine Enclosures, Perforated
- Front Tow Hook
- Grade Control Ready
- Guards, Hinged Bottom
- Hood, Perforated
- Hydraulics, Load Sensing, Dozer Lift and Tilt
- Oil Cooler, Hydraulic
- S•O•SSM Sampling Ports
- Radiator Doors, Louvered, Double Hinged
- Vandalism Protection for Fluid Compartments and Battery Box
- AccuGrade Ready Installation Arrangement
- Black Hood and Back of Blade
- Cold Weather Attachments
- Engine Coolant Heater, 240 V
- Enhanced Clean Cab
- Fast Fuel
- Final Drive Clamshell Guards
- Final Drive Flange Protection
- Rear Screen
- Heated Seat
- Heavy Duty Grill Door, Hinged
- Basic (6) Lights
- Premium (10) HID and Halogen Lights
- Multi-shank Ripper and Ripper Hydraulics
- Power Train Oil Change System
- Rear Vision Camera
- Reversing Fan
- Sound Suppression (Europe)
- Track Guide Guards
- Turbine Precleaner
- Winch Arrangement (PACCAR PA90)
- Waste (Landfill) Arrangements
- Waste Handling Arrangement Includes: • Engine Enclosures with Bolt-in Perforated Corrugated Doors • Insulated Clean Emissions Module • Cab, Front Door Screen Ready Mountings • Cab, Enhanced Clean • Fenders, Heavy Duty • Chassis Guarding on Mainframe • Seal Guard Group • Crankcase Guard Group • Fuel Tank Guards • Final Drive Clamshell Guard • Dozer Lines Guards • Guard Group, Track Guide • Idler Seal Guards, Kevlar Design • Black Hood and Dozer Lift Cylinder • Final Drive Flange Protection Guards • Screen, Grill Door • Track Roller Frame Debris Guard
- Landfill Bulldozer Blades - with Trash Racks
- LGP S
- Rear Striker Bars
- Ripper Striker Bars
- Cab Door Screens
Service Refill Capacities
Hydraulic Controls - Main Relief Valve
Hydraulic Controls - Maximum Operating Pressure
Hydraulic Controls - Pump
Engine and Power Train
Innovative Electric Drive
The D7E uses an innovative Electric Drive system for improved productivity and efficiency. The D7E uses 10-30 percent less fuel than the previous D7 model - as well as fewer parts and fluids - to help reduce overall owning and operating costs. All electrical components are fully sealed to safely operate in a wide range of dozing conditions. Liquid cooling ensures that the electric drive components deliver peak performance in extreme temperature conditions. The D7E is highly maneuverable and infinitely variable speed control means there are no gears to shift. The efficient diesel-electric drive train allows the engine to operate in a tighter RPM range, 1,500-1,800 rpm, which helps extend engine life and improve fuel economy. A Cat C9.3 ACERT engine and Cat Clean Emissions Module aftertreatment meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB/Japan MLIT Step 4 emission standards.
Efficient and easy to service
The highly efficient electric drive train places less heat demand on the cooling system. This helps improve engine and power train life and reduces your maintenance.
- Three-part cooling system with rugged, highly efficient aluminum bar plate radiator.
- Larger gap between fins reduces plugging.
- Single-plane design for easier cleaning and service.
- Hydraulically driven demand fan reduces speed in cooler conditions to conserve power and reduce your fuel consumption.
- Automatic Reversing Fan changes air flow direction, efficiently removing debris from the cooling cores and engine enclosure without the operator leaving the cab.
- Roof-mounted air conditioning removes the condenser unit from under the hood to help reduce heat load, improve cleaning access and increase ambient capability.
Reliable, integrated solutions
The Cat NOx Reduction System captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
To meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB/Japan MLIT Step 4 emission standards, Cat aftertreatment components have been designed to match application needs. System components include a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), which uses a chemical process to convert regulated emissions in the exhaust system, and a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that traps particulate matter that is carried into the exhaust stream. The DOC, DPF and Cat Regeneration System are contained in a Caterpillar designed Clean Emissions Module (CEM) that protects the components, minimizes the aftertreatment footprint and simplifies maintenance. For waste handling and other high debris applications that require thermal shields on exhaust components, an insulated CEM is available for the D7E.
The Cat Regeneration System is designed to work transparently, without any interaction needed from the operator. Under most operating conditions, engine exhaust is hot enough to oxidize soot through passive regeneration. If supplemental regeneration is needed, the Cat Regeneration System elevates exhaust gas temperatures to burn off soot in the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). This is a process that happens automatically, but the operator can initiate the cycle when convenient or interrupt regeneration as needed. A soot level monitor and regeneration indicator lights are integrated into the D7E dash display.
Delayed Engine Shutdown feature is available to allow the machine to cool immediately after a heavy work load or regeneration cycle.
An optional Engine Idle Shutdown timer will sound a warning and shut down the engine after the machine has been idling for a pre-set period of time.
Heavy duty performance for waste applications
The D7E’s structures are purpose built of high-quality steel and box section construction. When it comes to structures, Caterpillar is thorough, with application specific, finite element analysis at initial design, followed by prototype shake table testing, and finally pilot machine testing prior to production. The results are long-life structures built for loads associated with quick directional changes, extreme slopes and heavy-duty pushing or pulling. In addition to the rugged structures found on standard Cat dozers, waste handling machines feature added guarding to help protect the machine from debris wrapping, impact and abrasion. The D7E Waste Handler is designed from the inside out to withstand demolition debris and the hard knocks of the waste pile.
Equipped for the job
D7E waste handlers are offered in two track shoe widths. The 660 mm (26 inch) shoe has greater compacting and shredding characteristics and higher ground pressure. The 914 mm (36 inch) shoe provides greater flotation in soft underfoot conditions. For landfill applications, Caterpillar recommends a trapezoidal hole shoe when working in trash. The shoe is specially designed to shed waste that can otherwise contribute to accelerated internal track wear.
Waste Handling Guarding and Seals
A commitment of long life and quality for our waste handling customers
With a full line of waste handling equipment, Caterpillar has the experience and design know-how to keep machines running in waste. Cat Waste Handlers are designed with seals and guarding that are critical to the life of your investment and keeping the D7E productive in this application.
- Radiator Grill - heavy-duty guard protects the radiator, angled to deflect debris and hinged for convenient cleanout. A tight mesh screen helps prevent debris from entering coolers and radiator.
- Insulated Cat Clean Emissions Module
- Rear striker bars - removes and prevents debris from traveling up the track, protecting the cab, fenders and fuel tank
- Idler and pivot shaft seal guards - prevent damage caused by wrapping wire or waste contaminants
- Chassis and bottom guarding protect against impact loads
- Fuel tank guarding also protects the hydraulic tank and battery box against damage
- Dozer blade hydraulic line protection with a rotating sleeve design that protects lines while shedding debris
- Clamshell and Kevlar seals - final drive seal protection comprised of heavy-duty cast guards, stepped labyrinths and Kevlar seals to protect final drives and their Duo-Cone® seals
- Precleaner with screen promotes longer air filter life
- Thermal Shield Arrangement - lowers skin temperature of exhaust components and provides cooling to the turbo bearings
- Black hood and lift cylinder cut glare
- Chassis Sealing - extensive rubber, foam, and steel sealing components prevent debris from entering the engine and transmission compartments
Equipped for the job
This wide, straight blade easily handles heavy or bank materials. For landfill applications, it carries a ½ inch wear plate on the moldboard and an integrated 610 mm (24 in) trash rack. With the rack, this blade has a capacity of 12.3 m3 (16.1 yd3). Ask your Cat dealer about other blade options.
Multi-shank rippers can make short work of loosening and preparing cover material. Cast-in ripper mounts allow a ripper to be mounted quickly and easily.
A hydraulic winch with positive load control, variable speed and dual braking can pull trucks, equipment or debris with a single lever control in the cab.
Optional Waste Handling Attachments
Enhanced landfill performance
Enhanced clean air module increases cab air pressure to help keep dust out and provide additional air filtration, greatly increasing cab air filter life.
- High intensity discharge lighting with additional lamps for optimum visibility in low light
- Cab roof-mounted strobe light indicating the machine is operational
- Rear Vision Camera - display mounted in the front of the cab helps the operator more easily see behind the machine, enhancing overall visibility and safety
- Cab door screens protect the lower half of the glass doors from demolition debris, while allowing good visibility to the blade
- Folding ladder enhances access for manual refueling and cleaning the rear window
Visibility and comfort
A quiet, spacious cab offers outstanding visibility and low effort controls for operator efficiency and comfort. The seat is fully adjustable, with the gauge cluster and integrated messenger display situated directly in front of the operator. The ROPS-mounted modular heating, ventilation and air conditioning system is self contained and powered by electrical current to maintain maximum cooling efficiency even when the machine is idling. Speed recall allows the operator to pre-set the desired forward and reverse speed, then resume that speed with the touch of a button. An optional camera attachment can be mounted to the rear of the machine for enhanced visibility, and an optional cab-roof strobe light is active until the battery disconnect is turned off.
Resourceful in every way
The D7E is designed to maximize efficiency and productivity while conserving natural resources.
- Uses 10-30 percent less fuel per hour than previous models. Many customers are reporting even better fuel savings in their own applications.
- In the first two years of production, customers using the D7E saved more than 5.7 million liters (1.5 million gallons) of diesel fuel as compared to the D7R. Significant fuel savings means greatly reduced emissions and lower costs for customers.
- The D7E earned a 2009 Clean Air Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- More efficient - 25 percent more material moved per liter/gallon of fuel.
- Fewer parts and longer component life, less fuel and fluids, means less to replace and less to dispose of.
- Major structures and components are built to be rebuilt, reducing waste and replacement costs.
- Approximately 98% of machine materials can be recycled (ISO 16714), conserving valuable natural resources and further enhancing machine end-of-life value.
Solutions to make work easier and more efficient
Caterpillar is the only manufacturer to offer fully-integrated electronic technology solutions that enable greater accuracy, higher productivity, lower operating costs and more profitability.
The Computer Aided Earthmoving System (CAES) is a high-technology landfill tool that allows machine operators to hold tighter grades/slopes, and conserve valuable airspace and cover soil without stakes and crews. Using Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology, machine mounted components, a radio network and office management software, this system delivers real-time information on an in-cab display. Additionally, CAES permits the identification of site specific storage areas such as hazardous waste, medical, industrial, organic, and other materials which require special handling or a record of their placement.
AccuGrade uses positioning and guidance technologies, machine sensors, and automatic blade control to help operators get to grade faster, easier and more efficiently. Digital design plans, real-time cut/fill data, and in-cab guidance give operators detailed information to work more confidently when building cells, mapping or closing cells. Operators can stay on grade and improve productivity and accuracy by nearly 50 percent over conventional methods. AccuGrade technologies include Cross Slope, Sonic, Laser, GPS, and/or Universal Total Station (UTS).
Product Link helps take the guesswork out of equipment management with remote monitoring capabilities for your machine or your entire fleet. Track asset location, hours, fuel usage, diagnostic codes, idle time and more through the secure VisionLink™ user interface, powered by Trimble. Knowing where your equipment is, what it’s doing and how it’s performing enables you or your Cat dealer to manage your fleet in real-time so you can maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs. *Product Link licensing not available in all areas. Please consult your Cat dealer for availability.
Serviceability and Customer Support
When uptime counts
The D7E redefines serviceability. With easy access to service points and longer service intervals, the D7E can significantly reduce total owning and operating costs. A tilt cab allows easy access to modular major components, such as generator, propulsion module, power electronics and hydraulics. The heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is self contained for improved performance, increased service intervals and ease of serviceability. Service points are grouped on the left side of the machine for quick and easy routine maintenance. Ground-level sight gauges provide quick and easy inspection of fluid levels. Modular final drives can be easily accessed and serviced.
The new ground level service center is accessible on the left hand fender without setting foot on the machine, giving easy access to the battery disconnect, remote engine shutdown and optional access light switches. It also houses an LED warning indicator showing that the power train and accessory systems are energized. When the systems are de-energized and safe for maintenance, the indicator turns off.
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide the best in sales and service. Manage costs with preventive maintenance programs like Custom Track Service, Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·SSM) analysis, and guaranteed maintenance contracts. Stay productive with best-in-class parts availability. Cat dealers can even help you with operator training to help you boost profits. And when it’s time for machine replacement, your Cat dealer can help you save even more with Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts. Receive the same warranty and reliability as new products at cost savings of 40 to 70 percent for power train and hydraulic components.
Download Specalog Here